Project "57"

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
There used to be a really great Mopar show at a local Chrysler Dealer. There was a closed up IGA next to it, and we would fill the parking lot. Over 200 cars at it's peak. There was a Plum Crazy '70 Dart that came a few times. The underhood are was gourgeus. The owner had filled in all the spot welds, etc. It looked as smooth as glass. You didn't really get the full picture untill you looked at a stock Dart parked next to it.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Gary, what kind of tranny you putting in that thing; a Muncie of some sort? Just curious. You know, Project X was pretty cool with that Richmond 5-speed... :D

Easy for me to say when it isn't my money...

:jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Hey Gary, what kind of tranny you putting in that thing; a Muncie of some sort? Just curious. You know, Project X was pretty cool with that Richmond 5-speed... :D

Easy for me to say when it isn't my money...

Yeah, I've got an M22. I don't plan on abusing it much or I would go with a Tremec, I think.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
You know... I think I have a set of adapter mounts to put a 440 in that car...

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Big John said:
You know... I think I have a set of adapter mounts to put a 440 in that car...
As much as I love Mopar, a Chevy needs to stay a Chevy, a Ford needs to stay Ford, etc......etc....etc.....

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
[quote="Big John":1dgn4cyz]You know... I think I have a set of adapter mounts to put a 440 in that car...
As much as I love Mopar, a Chevy needs to stay a Chevy, a Ford needs to stay Ford, etc......etc....etc.....[/quote:1dgn4cyz]
I'm with you on that :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
[quote="Big John":eek:tc42q49]You know... I think I have a set of adapter mounts to put a 440 in that car...
As much as I love Mopar, a Chevy needs to stay a Chevy, a Ford needs to stay Ford, etc......etc....etc.....[/quote:eek:tc42q49]

Does that mean we can put a B1-headed 528 Mopar wedge in your buddy's Matador Machine...since AMC became part of Chrysler...??? Maybe Big has some adapter mounts...

:banana: :devil: :banana: :devil: :banana:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":3j8r1x7m][quote="Big John":3j8r1x7m]You know... I think I have a set of adapter mounts to put a 440 in that car...
As much as I love Mopar, a Chevy needs to stay a Chevy, a Ford needs to stay Ford, etc......etc....etc.....[/quote:3j8r1x7m]

Does that mean we can put a B1-headed 528 Mopar wedge in your buddy's Matador Machine...since AMC became part of Chrysler...??? Maybe Big has some adapter mounts...

:banana: :devil: :banana: :devil: :banana:[/quote:3j8r1x7m]
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":73yu05a2]
As much as I love Mopar, a Chevy needs to stay a Chevy, a Ford needs to stay Ford, etc......etc....etc.....

:banana: :devil: :banana: :devil: :banana:
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:[/quote:73yu05a2]

We apparently already have one "Nay" vote on this proposal... :lol:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
There was a guy around the corner from me that had a 440 in his '56 Chevy.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Big John said:
There was a guy around the corner from me that had a 440 in his '56 Chevy.

No comment...........and AMC must stay AMC.........they made some very strong motors, by the way......NO vote from me.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:
[quote="Big John":s28tlt8a]You know... I think I have a set of adapter mounts to put a 440 in that car...
I'm with you on that :thumbsup:[/quote:s28tlt8a]

gotta keep'm pure!

John69RR

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
[quote="Big John":3li2ktoy]You know... I think I have a set of adapter mounts to put a 440 in that car...
As much as I love Mopar, a Chevy needs to stay a Chevy, a Ford needs to stay Ford, etc......etc....etc.....[/quote:3li2ktoy]

I agree.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Very nice...!!!

Sand Rails should have a roll cage though...

Give him time already Ray. I'm sure he'll get to that! BTW, that looks great Gary! :thumbsup:

Back