• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Defroster

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ken King said:
[quote="Big John":32sfsq2p]
69hemibeep said:
I have the old factory speaker on the left and the harness in mine will not even reach the right side. Now this is an a/m f/m with the balance knob front to rear

OK... Looks like I'm wrong.... But I do know it just was one speaker. Is that a 5x7 or a 6x9??

Your not totally wrong Big's, you got the one speaker part right. :leave: :lmao: :lmao:[/quote:32sfsq2p]
No. He is wrong, He catches me on a regular basis about info :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :leave: :leave: Now the Mods will be hunting me down :jester:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
No. He is wrong, He catches me on a regular basis about info :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :leave: :leave: Now the Mods will be hunting me down :jester:

Its only the second time I've been wrong... First time was 1978 and it turned out I was really right, I just thought I was wrong.
:leave:

V269

Reaction score
Big John said:
69hemibeep said:

Its only the second time I've been wrong... First time was 1978 and it turned out I was really right, I just thought I was wrong.

It's your story so tell it the way you like. :lol: :lol: :beep:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Big John said:
69hemibeep said:

Thats pretty good. My biggest wrong doings is picking on people with a bigger stick :acme:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Big John said:
69hemibeep said:

Thats pretty good. My biggest wrong doings is picking on people with a bigger stick :acme:

yeah that sounds like you :acme:

mcmopar

Reaction score
dstryr said:
I just learned somethin'. Didn't know that the holes were for one defogger and one speaker. So, was FM stereo available on a 69 b-body and if so, what was the speaker configuration?

Mine was originally equipped with the AM/FM radio. The speaker arrangement was 1 rear speaker and 1 front speaker.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
here's my GTX defogger dash shot, defogger is on the passenger side and I have the rear spaker with fader on the driver's side the fader control is just to the left of the reverse light, it also has the 3-speaker dash with am-8track (that still works great!) I can't find my dealer installed one, it's boxed up somewhere.

DSCN1607.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

So this is what the PM I received from Big advising me to "Shoot On Sight" was all about... :lmao:

:jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
69hemibeep said:

Love the change to your avatar ranking, Big... :lol:

And the Don Quixote avatar - a subtle reference to the fictitious B&W "Don Quixote" decals on the '68 Plymouth LaMancha - was an outstanding touch...!!! :lmao:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":3sfmfzf8]
69hemibeep said:

And the Don Quixote avatar - a subtle reference to the fictitious B&W "Don Quixote" decals on the '68 Plymouth LaMancha - was an outstanding touch...!!! :lmao:

That's funny,but you made me go back and look at my avatar :lol:
:jester:[/quote:3sfmfzf8]

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
here's my GTX defogger dash shot, defogger is on the passenger side and I have the rear spaker with fader on the driver's side the fader control is just to the left of the reverse light, it also has the 3-speaker dash with am-8track (that still works great!) I can't find my dealer installed one, it's boxed up somewhere.

I like the old Sun super tach :thumbsup:

V269

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":1e7ohhz5]
69hemibeep said:

:jester:[/quote:1e7ohhz5]

That's funny. :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

V269

Reaction score
Question, I'm hooking up the wiring for the rear defroster. For those who have this option what color are the wires for it ? I have the original wiring on the switch, it has a red and a black and white bonded together going down the left side kick panel but the rest of the harness from there to the back is missing. Is it just these two wires going to the blower or is there something else. :huh: I have to get the rest of the wiring somewhere as I do not have it in the car. Someone must have removed it before I bought the car years ago. I have several wiring diagrams but only one shows anything about it and it appears to be a black/white wire going into just a black wire at the blower motor. The white wire is labeled as a resistance wire. HELP ! :popcorn: :beep:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
ken is the rear defogger a 2 speed? looking at the diagrams and it looks to me like they are using a resitance wire to possibly change the speed. does that sound right? :huh:

V269

Reaction score
mac said:
ken is the rear defogger a 2 speed? looking at the diagrams and it looks to me like they are using a resitance wire to possibly change the speed. does that sound right? :huh:

Mac, yes it is a two speed blower motor and a 2 speed switch in the dash as well. I'm not sure what the resistance wire is for but what you said does sound logical to me. It's just that I have not seen a blower set up before so I am not sure of how it is wired. :huh: Anyone else have any pics or ideas ? :toetap:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
well it appears to me that there should be 2 wires (black and a white) that go from the switch to a female connector. then from the corresponding male connector thereare 2 wires (black and a white resistance wire) which come together to a single connection to the defogger motor. then 1 black from the motor to ground. do i have it right so far? :huh:

V269

Reaction score
Mac, sure sounds like you have it nailed. This is what my diagram looks like as well. I just have to get the harness to do it. :toetap:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the photos, hope they help , if you want the pre-photobucket files PM me and I'll e-mail them out

DSCN1684.jpg

DSCN1685.jpg

DSCN1686.jpg

DSCN1687.jpg

DSCN1688.jpg

DSCN1695.jpg

Back