• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I be embarrassed

inri

Reaction score
Dude! Go take a swim in the pond... Some comments have underlying meaning to them and I think yours borders on that. :bs:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Terminology is everything Original engine is just that original and of course the numbers match. Numbers matching is numbers matching and hoping your casting date is close to being correct to be judgable. I grew up around NCRS people and numbers matching does not have the same weight as original, but as usual everything is buyer beware.

inri

Reaction score
Terminology is everything Original engine is just that original and of course the numbers match. Numbers matching is numbers matching and hoping your casting date is close to being correct to be judgable. I grew up around NCRS people and numbers matching does not have the same weight as original, but as usual everything is buyer beware.

Nice X!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dude! Go take a swim in the pond... Some comments have underlying meaning to them and I think yours borders on that. :bs:

You haven't been around here long enough to be making that assumption. Steve was just joking around. Lighten up. Humor is the order of the day around here. :chill:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
You haven't been around here long enough to be making that assumption. Steve was just joking around. Lighten up. Humor is the order of the day around here. :chill:

:yeathat:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
English humor again, gets you in trouble every time doesn't it Steve :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I had a Pistol Grip in my last road runner, and it felt right. If I can ever find another one I can afford, I will grab it.

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
I had a Pistol Grip in my last road runner, and it felt right. If I can ever find another one I can afford, I will grab it.

I agree, I've got the slip in style shifter so even if I find an affordable one I have to do some modification to make it work. But I still think I'd go for it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yes that's the main event here, ball busting. we all take our turn in the box...more some than others, but then they deserve it...:lmao:

inri

Reaction score

LOL!!! 1000 apologies kind sir, didn't realize members are discriminated against on here when they haven't been here "long enough". Anything else you want to tell me that Steve wants me to know? :gay:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Uncle George was the one playing with fags.......

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL!!! 1000 apologies kind sir, didn't realize members are discriminated against on here when they haven't been here "long enough". Anything else you want to tell me that Steve wants me to know? :gay:

No one is discriminated against...but we will educate you now and then.

Steve

Reaction score

Reel him in :D

Fish-3p.jpg

Relax inri,it was written as a joke.I was laughing as I wrote it.The regular guys on here know me far too well and as a result never take the bait,so thanks for stepping up icon_thumleft.gif
There's quite a bit of ballbusting on this site but it's always in fun and never intended to offend icon_wink-1.gif

rockdog2112

Reaction score
I guess the only time #'s matching means a hill of beans is when you're talking about it or selling it. It doesn't mean a thing when you're driving it. I have a #'s matching 68 Corvette and when I'm banging through the gears on the highway onramps, I surely don't give the #'s thing a thought. I'm having too much fun. The only time it seems to get brought up is by someone else. My 69 RR in NOT #'s matching and I could care less. Why? Because I'm having too much fun lighting up the 440 four speed that some else put in the car years ago. My first RR was a 383 #'s matching car(not that I would have known, I was 16 and once again, could care less) It's the reason I finally got another. I think you're fortunate as hell to have one period. My friends and about everyone who sees the car drools over it. The one that I could afford just happened to be a non #'s matching 440. I would have bought it regardless. My first one ran like a bat out of hell. Enjoy it and post a pic.

Ranger

Reaction score
I am a little late to the show, but hope I can add my $0.02. If you haven't figured it out, others have already pointed it out. The guy you where talking to was an arrogant, jerk.

While the 383 may be the little brother of the family, it is certainly nothing to sneeze at and can certainly hold it's own and even then, doesn't trail by a whole lot. (Remember, people buy HP, but they drive torque.)
1969 Plymouth Road Runner Engines

383 V8 335 hp @ 5200 rpm, 425 lb-ft @ 3400 rpm.
440 V8 375 hp @ 4600 rpm, 480lb-ft @ 3200 rpm.
440+6 V8 390 hp @ 4700 rpm, 490 lb-ft @ 3200 rpm.
426 Hemi V8 425 hp @ 5000 rpm, 490 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm.

As mentioned earlier, I "wanted" the 383 because that was my first car after getting home from Nam and I was quite happy with both (just bought my second).

As for numbers, I was not looking for a numbers car, but it is what I stumbled upon and the price was right. I agree with Rockdog, in that numbers gives you some bragging rights, but otherwise doesn't mean much until you sell it. And I have to agree with Rocket on having your hands tied (see my "Should I or Shouldn't I" thread in the body forum).

Bottom line is I am more than satisfied with the 383. While the motor does have a few mods which more than likely raises the numbers I posted, it has all the power I need or want.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
1969 Plymouth Road Runner Engines

383 V8 335 hp @ 5200 rpm, 425 lb-ft @ 3400 rpm.
440 V8 375 hp @ 4600 rpm, 480lb-ft @ 3200 rpm.
440+6 V8 390 hp @ 4700 rpm, 490 lb-ft @ 3200 rpm.
426 Hemi V8 425 hp @ 5000 rpm, 490 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm.

As mentioned earlier, I "wanted" the 383 because that was my first car after getting home from Nam and I was quite happy with both (just bought my second).

You could not get a 440 4bbl in a Roadrunner in 1969.

Couldn't get one in 1968 or 1970 either. You could get a 440 4bbl in a 1970 Superbird, but not a Roadrunner.

Back