• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snow day

droptop

Reaction score
We got an extra day on our Christmas break. Woke up to blizzard like conditions this morning. They say we are going to get about a foot of the white stuff before it's over. It is drifting very badly. Lucky for me I still have my drift buster. :cool:

GasPoweredSnowShovel.jpg

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
We've gotten about 15" or so this past week. The prediction is another 18" tonight. We'll see..... It's not a big deal for us either way. Life doesn't stop for snow here.

I had to break out the snow blower the other day and I was reminded just how much I've grown to dislike winter.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
We're gettin' a mixed bag tonight. We could get up to maybe 4 or 5" of snow before it changes to sleet, maybe freezing rain, then rain. It's gonna be one hell of a mess in the morning. :brickwall: I don't care much for winter anymore either.

69B5

Reaction score
I have 8-10" of snow on the ground with a prediction of anouther 8-10"
Winds are to pick up as well
They have stopped plowing the roads
Thanks to 4-wheel drive, my wife and I was able to get home from her brothers
A few motorist's were not so lucky and slid off the road
We helped get a couple out of the ditch. I hope they made it home OK

Big John

Reaction score
We didn't get quite as much as predicted. Still got over a foot of the white crap.

snow_zpsd1467339.jpg

gunnar

Reaction score
Send some of that my way, I love that white stuff. :snowball:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ours started with the freezing rain, then 6" of snow, then some sleet. I'm off till the 2nd...let it snow!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
There was about 4" here before it changed to rain. I went into work at 4am to plow and what a mess. It seemed like I was pushing more water then snow and was not easy to clean up 'cause it went everywhere but where I wanted it to. :brickwall: .

Big John

Reaction score
Video from 1939. Probably a promo for Walter trucks. The plows look pretty much the same, just the trucks are bigger and more powerful. They don't need to smash through the drifts like that anymore.

The areas they are in are all within an hour's drive from me. Pompey is a bit southeast, Turin is northeast. Watertown is north.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZR2WbD3Hz0

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks like fun...not. shoulda just got one of the steam rotorys off the railroad!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I can remember back in the early 60s when we had a lot of big storms where we were snowed in for 2 or 3 days at a time. My towns DPW had a big V plow like that and had a big 6x6 ex military truck to push it around with. One storm in particular was so bad the they had to first open up the road with a front end loader then the V-plow came in behind it. That storm even had the main highway un-plowed for 3 days! I'm glad we don't get them like that anymore. :snowball:

Back