• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snow day

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
they had bigger trucks up at plattsburgh ny back in the early 70s plowing snow.......tons of snow back then

Jim S.

Reaction score
gunnar said:
Send some of that my way, I love that white stuff. :snowball:

Noooooooooooooooooo!

When I was a kid in Minneapolis (50s-60s) I remember the city used road graters to plow.

chapdog105

Reaction score
We got our first taste of snow for the year the other day.
About 4 inches fell here in Metro Detroit.
My father and I own a small lawn care and snow removal business on the side.
I went out and plowed for the day yesterday. We only had 2 snows last year worthy of a removal (2 or more inches), so I can't complain.
We seem to average about 10 or so snow removals a year here in southeast Michigan. Not too bad, but the weather overall in the winter sucks. Cold and gray...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
We have frost on the roof this morning and some of the trees are changing color, must be winter :D

Roadcuda

Reaction score
It is nice to live in Florida, no crazy white stuff to deal with!!![/quote]
Yeah - going to Old Town on Jan 5, wanna cruise along?[/quote]

I will try to make it down if I'm in town.[/quote]

:thumbsup: We had 4 inches of the white crap this morning.[/quote]
We're getting it next, they're saying we could get 3-8". Oh joy, now like I have to work Sunday just to clean the lot out! :brickwall:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I was going to go check on the car, but I'd never get back up his driveway. 'course I've always heard how good VWs are in the snow........nah better not. :eek:

PTDC0011.JPG

PTDC0012.JPG

chapdog105

Reaction score
I just got done plowing snow again. Only about 2 inches, but it was enough to have to go plow the condos I have a contract with. Only about a 5 hour job...

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I was at work to by 6:15 this morning to plow and of course the two other guys that were supposed to be there around 7 finally showed at 7:45! I finally left there about 10:30 and left the other 2 guys to run the sander around. Then I came home to my own driveway! I got my blower running, made two passes with the chute jamming both times then the auger stopped working. It broke a drive belt! :brickwall: Got the shovel out to finish up. At least it was a light snow to shovel around! Ended up with close to 9 inches. I am so tired of winter!!! Is it April yet?!?!?!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
not quite..... :facepalm: the snow can stop now...gotta go back to work Wednesday.

Back