• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stole this Pile! (1969 Road Runner)

railrider

Reaction score
My car is a pile! 1969 RR missing Fender Tag ...which sucks. I have done some CSI work to trace down as best I can what this was. It was bright Red originally, was 383/auto, Bucket seats and Console(brackets and plates are intact) Manual steering, Manual 11" drums with 8 3/4" 3:55 sure grip, vinyl top car with the standard dual bulge hood.

Somebody started spraying it orange but it is red under everything.

I am considering B5 blue right now! It has a great frame, rockets, and other inner sheet metal, needs front floor pans due to a few smaller holes, same in the trunk. Somebody got creative on the quarters and cut about 1/2" above the rear wheel for tire clearance so now it needs work there too. :cool:

railrider

Reaction score
I striped the engine compartment and trunk area so far. Just building a nice driver so no Rotiserrie this time! :cheers:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Looks like you have a fairly easy project there. Good luck and keep the pics coming! We all love seeing how another bird comes back to life!!!

railrider

Reaction score
Compared to what I am used to this is a pretty straight forward deal, but it strikes me funny that I now find cars with better floors, but still have to cut them out and put in new metal, I find decnt quarters but they still get scraped. Maybe a pile isn't so bad! :huh:

moparstuart

Reaction score
railrider said:
I striped the engine compartment and trunk area so far. Just building a nice driver so no Rotiserrie this time! :cheers:
nice project , but keep it RED , reds the best , dont go over to the dark side and become a blue meanie :jester: :acme:

railrider

Reaction score
When I was younger I would have said Hemi Orange, now that I am older I can appreciate other colors, but red has become a color I can not live with. It might be because every Ford Mustang I have bought in the past has been red. lol

The B5 Blue on the new Challenger looks nice too. hmmm? :drive:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It appears you have a pretty solid pile :D I like your color idea by the way :cheers: :thumbsup:

railrider

Reaction score
moparchris said:
railrider said:
solid gold said:
That front clip looks T-3 to me! :beep:

T-3?
Thats the code for the paint color of your Road Runner Honey Bronze Metallic

I wish, but it was red. Your probably seeing the surface rust that ha started since it sat out in the rain the night I stripped it. This is the bright redish color you always see on them. I pulled the glass since, and the paint looks like brand new under the front seal. ?

railrider

Reaction score
Here are a couple shots of the red original paint left on the car. Its a very orange(ish) red, but next to Hemi Orange it is very red.

69B5

Reaction score
My 70 mystery car is FE5, Bright Red
And at times in certain light, or under street lights it does look orange
I think thats neat
Thay tell me there is no orange in the paint mixture

railrider

Reaction score
69B5 said:
My 70 mystery car is FE5, Bright Red
And at times in certain light, or under street lights it does look orange
I think thats neat
Thay tell me there is no orange in the paint mixture

It is one of the better reds I have seen. I would say it has some yellow in it which will make it more orange(ish). I doubt the cars look bad any color!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
railrider said:
Here are a couple shots of the red original paint left on the car. Its a very orange(ish) red, but next to Hemi Orange it is very red.

My money is on R4...look at the pictures in Sam's current thread on R4...

:jester:

Back