• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stole this Pile! (1969 Road Runner)

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks pretty good. another car with Cragars :thumbsup: maybe I'll live with my muddy 1/4s and find another set.

railrider

Reaction score
Cragar is my favorite wheel on a classic car! I had this set from a 1972 Plymouth I sold and figured why not roll it around on them for now. lol

Roadcuda

Reaction score
]I think it is this color. :drool:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Ply ... 43a7bf66cd[/quote]

Which again looks like R4 to me...although the ad refers to "Scorch Red". But what would you expect; that thing is supposed to be CSW green... :lol:

:jester:[/quote]

I like odd colors myself. ?[/quote]
Pink :jester:[/quote]
For Plymouth, wouldn't that be Moulan Rouge?!?!? :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:

Which again looks like R4 to me...although the ad refers to "Scorch Red". But what would you expect; that thing is supposed to be CSW green... :lol:

:jester:[/quote]

I like odd colors myself. ?[/quote]
Pink :jester:[/quote]
For Plymouth, wouldn't that be Moulan Rouge?!?!? :jester:[/quote]
I know the NBA would frown on this, but that sounds Gay :gay: :D

railrider

Reaction score
Ordered new AMD full quarters today, trunk pan and a few other pieces. I also bought a pretty nice Console off ebay that was complete so I ma sell the 4 speed one I have.

chapdog105

Reaction score
I would bet it's R4 too. R4 is a VERY orangey red. I know my car looks orange in some lights, and red in others.
AMD is the way to go on the metal. They have so much more metal to offer for these cars than you'd think.
I've purchased both fenders, both quarters, both bumper braces, trunk brace, both trunk extensions, outer wheel houses, windshield, battery tray, splash shields, floor pans, trunk pan, rear crossmember brace, rear tail panel. I wish I would've purchased a new hood from them, and they're supposed to be producing a 69 deck lid soon too. Those deck lids are tough to find in good shape!

I purchased most of my metal through "A Deals Auto Parts" in Maryland. They have excellent customer service, and great prices. You buy from them, and everything is shipped directly from AMD in Georgia. It's way cheaper to buy from them than it is to purchase directly from AMD.

Good luck on the project!

railrider

Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
I purchased most of my metal through "A Deals Auto Parts" in Maryland. They have excellent customer service, and great prices. You buy from them, and everything is shipped directly from AMD in Georgia. It's way cheaper to buy from them than it is to purchase directly from AMD.

Good luck on the project!

Me too, they offered the best deal on ebay too so I figured I would call them to see what they would do on a $2000 order at one time. They shipped it direct so I should have it by mid next week. I got to get busy so I am ready when it shows, lol

railrider

Reaction score
I will dig it out, I planned to ebay it, but direct sales are always easier, and no fees, lol I will warn you it is not perfect. It has a small piece gone toward the rear on the lower side. Its about an inch section gone. I doubt it is seen once installed but that may kill it for you, not sure. The rest looks pretty good. I will get some pics tomorrow. I also have a 69 Hurst 4 speed shifter with shift rods, and original ball. Then lastly I have a set of 4 speed clutch and brake pedals. I am not current of values really but I know they are not repops. :worship:

railrider

Reaction score
The console I have is actually an automatic console, but somebody put a 4 speed top plate on it. I may part this out now. I didn't notice it before.

console2.jpg

railrider

Reaction score
I got my Quarters in today from AMD! ? I got new quarters, and my son got this really cool box! lol

quarter1.jpg

tommy1.jpg

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
man those a really nice quarters.....the ones i bought years ago from year one didnt run up to the roof or even over the top of the fender.........sweet :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That box reminds me of our first trip to the MATS, the runner was under construction and I bought to of those quarters and saved the shipping. So the wife and I shoved two of those into the motor home before we left and then a 10' window awning broke and I removed it and put that inside. We had quite the full house.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think by anyone's standards the AMD sheet metal is pretty nice stuff...

I need to start stockpiling some Duster sheet metal for a couple of projects further down the road. Keep your comments to yourself, Bob... :lol:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I think by anyone's standards the AMD sheet metal is pretty nice stuff...

I need to start stockpiling some Duster sheet metal for a couple of projects further down the road. Keep your comments to yourself, Bob... :lol:

:jester:
:facepalm:

Back