• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 383 Block

mcmopar

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
mcmopar said:
Looks great. What kind of paint did you use?
Dupli-color chrysler orange, rattle can........... :lol: Remember LOW BUDGET........ :lol:

The reason I asked is you'll want to be careful if you ever use any carb spray to clean off grease and grime that tend to accumulate over time. Some paints can't stand up to the spray and will come right off or at the very least discolor very badly. I found that out the hard way once... :brickwall:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Didn't do much today. Went to church and then mowed then bolted on a few pcs. I do have 1 question. If you look in the picture, in order to get the oil fill hole in the front I had to switch sides with the valve covers but my breather is now on the other side. My air grabber breather tube is on the other side. My question is did the 6-pack come out on the opposite side as the 4 barrel? I'm not sure but I'll make it work. :thumbsup:

moparstuart

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Didn't do much today. Went to church and then mowed then bolted on a few pcs. I do have 1 question. If you look in the picture, in order to get the oil fill hole in the front I had to switch sides with the valve covers but my breather is now on the other side. My air grabber breather tube is on the other side. My question is did the 6-pack come out on the opposite side as the 4 barrel? I'm not sure but I'll make it work. :thumbsup:

passenger side on a 6 pac

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
StuRat (I like that name... :D ) is showing you the '70 set-up; completely different from the '69. The valve covers are different and so then is all the plumbing...so the answer to your question is "no, they did not". Take a look...

:jester:
ACME

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
StuRat (I like that name... :D ) is showing you the '70 set-up; completely different from the '69. The valve covers are different and so then is all the plumbing...so the answer to your question is "no, they did not". Take a look...

ACME
i stand corrected

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Exhaust studs and headers........ :thumbsup: Took the headers back off, just wanted some eye candy......... :lol: Put the bearing retainer on the tranny, I'll post some pics of the tranny progress tomorrow........ :yesnod:

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
So what have you been doing ? frolicking around the left coast :lol:

Yep. Guilty as charged. I did get to have lunch with moparchris the other day though... :thumbsup:

Just got back back last night and now I'm turning around and heading back out there on Tuesday... :loco:

All of the travel really gets old at times...although it's better to be doing it right now while the weather is so flippin' crappy here... :cents:

I have a question for Moparchris. Does Ray always have food or drink in hand as seen in all the pics posted on here?

Yes but I have to defend his position since he bought! Thanks Ray. Next time we'll have to get around to see some junk! :chuck:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Thermostat, fuel pump and water pump.......... :banana:
Gary those thermostat bolts are supposed to be the H style painted orange. And your exhaust manifolds look funny :acme: :acme: :acme: :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Looking through some old stuff, just thought some of the newbies would like to see all the pics....... :thumbsup:

I think you meant to state that maybe some of the newbies would like to see you get the :acme: treatment by some of the other oldtimers... :lol:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I don't mind the :acme: ....Ran the old girl out of gas today and had to call for backup.......... :lol: I'm working with the Community Center, Chamber of Commerce and Local Newspaper. We are gonna start having a cruise-in on our town square every friday night......we have a grant to pay for entertainment and a few other things that we are working out tomorrow.....I'm very excited...... :thumbsup: Bob, did you ever get that spring polished up on that fuel door...... :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
we have a grant to pay for entertainment and a few other things that we are working out tomorrow.....I'm very excited...... :thumbsup:
Taking a few obamadollars, are ya...? This will hurt your standing in the "I'm not from Kenya; That's another idiot" club... :lol:

Hoosier Bird said:
Bob, did you ever get that spring polished up on that fuel door...... :lol:
He has until June 27th...that's when the rubber meets the road... :D

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
No Obama dollars for me.............this grant is from a local group that takes donations and dispurses on the interest to improve our community........the way it should be.... :yesnod: No tax dollars :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Bob, did you ever get that spring polished up on that fuel door...... :lol:[/quote]
No way. I, like the local Navajo, believe that only God is perfect so we leave one small defect in everything we make :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back