• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 383 Block

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
As long as it just gets covered up and not broken, I'll be happy....... :lol: I can't believe you didn't mention that the top of my pistons look funny compared to yours........ :D
Now that say that Gary, I was thinking that the top of no 2 piston looks like a face! :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Hoosier Bird said:
As long as it just gets covered up and not broken, I'll be happy....... :lol: I can't believe you didn't mention that the top of my pistons look funny compared to yours........ :D
Now that say that Gary, I was thinking that the top of no 2 piston looks like a face! :jester:
I think I see Jesus in a piston :worship: :lmao: :lmao: :basketcase:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
You're close but what you are seeing is a reflection of me on the shiny piston...... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:
You're close but what you are seeing is a reflection of me on the shiny piston...... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I see somebody slipped you two some agent green when I wasn't looking... :lol:

:jester:

mcmopar

Reaction score
:jester: :jester: :jester: They never knew what hit them :jester: :jester: :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":2ar6bsia]
69hemibeep said:

I see somebody slipped you two some agent green when I wasn't looking... :lol:

:jester:[/quote:2ar6bsia]
So what have you been doing ? frolicking around the left coast :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

Yep. Guilty as charged. I did get to have lunch with moparchris the other day though... :thumbsup:

Just got back back last night and now I'm turning around and heading back out there on Tuesday... :loco:

All of the travel really gets old at times...although it's better to be doing it right now while the weather is so flippin' crappy here... :cents:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Yep. Guilty as charged. I did get to have lunch with moparchris the other day though... :thumbsup:

Just got back back last night and now I'm turning around and heading back out there on Tuesday... :loco:

All of the travel really gets old at times...although it's better to be doing it right now while the weather is so flippin' crappy here... :cents:

I have a question for Moparchris. Does Ray always have food or drink in hand as seen in all the pics posted on here?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I have a question for Moparchris. Does Ray always have food or drink in hand as seen in all the pics posted on here?

Considering that I met him for LUNCH it would seem that his personal experience might be SLIGHTLY weighted to the "yes" side of the "always have food or drink in hand" question... :lol:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Finally figured out the spacing. Man the first side was a PITA. Second side was easy. They didn't send enough spacers to do both sides so I robbed the spacers off of my original shafts, then it worked out good. In the kit they send some nice heavy spacers and a bag of valve spring spacers. Worked out ok but seems a little odd.....The bolts they send in the kit were very generic. You could see the turning marks on them from a lathe.......I used the bolts from the original shafts......Other than that everything looks great.......Got the valves ran in and almost ready to fire her up.....I'm happy...... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Oh, this baby has killer compression, I put a compression checker on it and cranked it over by hand and got 60 psi........I was turning it so slow, I could hear it coming past the rings........I can't wait.......... :drive:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Finally figured out the spacing. Man the first side was a PITA. Second side was easy. They didn't send enough spacers to do both sides so I robbed the spacers off of my original shafts, then it worked out good. In the kit they send some nice heavy spacers and a bag of valve spring spacers. Worked out ok but seems a little odd.....The bolts they send in the kit were very generic. You could see the turning marks on them from a lathe.......I used the bolts from the original shafts......Other than that everything looks great.......Got the valves ran in and almost ready to fire her up.....I'm happy...... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Oh, this baby has killer compression, I put a compression checker on it and cranked it over by hand and got 60 psi........I was turning it so slow, I could hear it coming past the rings........I can't wait.......... :drive:
lookin good :thumbsup: But a compression checker :loco: :jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
How about a compression "TESTER". Oh, the next issue is I think that the valve covers are hitting the rockers......... :brickwall: :brickwall:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
How about a compression "TESTER". Oh, the next issue is I think that the valve covers are hitting the rockers......... :brickwall: :brickwall:
Oh no :eek:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:

Yup - the tops of the rocker adjuster nuts made contact on the baffle when I used the stock valve covers. About the only thing you can do if you want to keep the stock valve covers is to drill a 1/4" +/- hole in the baffle above every rocker arm adjuster nut. You'll have to determine where the contact is being made but once you do it should be an easy fix.
When I ran the engine the first few times I heard a weird knocking noise and when I removed the covers I saw the contact points. I didn't think to drill holes in the baffle at the time and sold the valve covers since I had a set of MP black wrinkle covers. I wish I'd kept the originals now.

Back