• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the blue KS bird

KS69RdRnnr

Procrastinator V8
Reaction score
so hot in Kansas, got the interior out, but Lordy its too hot for to go a cuttin on that bird right now... floor pans are in, but i aint gonna get heatstroke trying to do some metalwork :crazy:

KS69RdRnnr

Procrastinator V8
Reaction score
been a hot summer, its cooling down tho :D. I was out cutting the passenger pan out just last weekend.. :)

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Looks like all the frame rails are in good shape :thumbsup: I like that B5 hiding under the other blue :yesnod:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
KS69RdRnnr said:
some new stuff for you picture junkies :cool:

naw no pic junkies here now there are a few pic whores....... :eek:

KS69RdRnnr

Procrastinator V8
Reaction score
my one question is? on that pic with the mirror on the door. Are the smaller outer holes supposed to be there? or has someone added a mirror that wasnt factory-sized and drilled extra holes?

KS69RdRnnr

Procrastinator V8
Reaction score
and the B3 blue shows itself on the tunnel in the cab photos. the b5, well this thing has been all shades of blue in the past 42 years :huh:

droptop

Reaction score
KS69RdRnnr said:
my one question is? on that pic with the mirror on the door. Are the smaller outer holes supposed to be there? or has someone added a mirror that wasnt factory-sized and drilled extra holes?

I was thinking the same thing about an after market mirror. For sure not factory.

mcmopar

Reaction score
I'll bet the car was originally equipped with the remotely adjustable factory mirror installed. If you have the build sheet you could verify this.

KS69RdRnnr

Procrastinator V8
Reaction score
the driver door doesnt have the little cutout on the upper edge near the vent window to install the remote handle. guessing just a standard door.

ready to get out and continue my work on the passenger floorpan, any tips or advice?

KS69RdRnnr

Procrastinator V8
Reaction score
cleaning up the dash wiring, my color diagram is pretty accurate, found a few wires in the round cylinder multiwire plug for the back of the dash gauge in the wrong positions, probably why one of the dash circuit traces was fried. pulled all the connectors out of the bulkhead connector box, going to rewire with some new connectors and fix the ammeter line as some suggested by going straight from point to point instead of using the bulkhead connector as a junction. all in all the wiring is in pretty good shape. :leg:

KS69RdRnnr

Procrastinator V8
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
well someone put a blue pad in mine, and painted it black. I still can't believe they took out the green. but at least everything else inside is new, and I always liked black interior. good luck on your project, and as always.... :red2:

you know... the upper dash cap in my bird is actually green under the black paint, weirdness. its in great shape, just green

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
KS69RdRnnr said:
Basketcase said:
well someone put a blue pad in mine, and painted it black. I still can't believe they took out the green. but at least everything else inside is new, and I always liked black interior. good luck on your project, and as always.... :red2:

you know... the upper dash cap in my bird is actually green under the black paint, weirdness. its in great shape, just green
That's the best thing to do with green is paint it another color :jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
]well someone put a blue pad in mine, and painted it black. I still can't believe they took out the green. but at least everything else inside is new, and I always liked black interior. good luck on your project, and as always.... :red2:[/quote]

you know... the upper dash cap in my bird is actually green under the black paint, weirdness. its in great shape, just green[/quote]
That's the best thing to do with green is paint it another color :jester:[/quote]
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: p.p.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
:snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
Dave, I have a new batch of Agent Green coming in next week if you need it!!!!!! :jester:

KS69RdRnnr

Procrastinator V8
Reaction score
had a friend come over today and help pull some stuff off the bird. Hood, trunk lid, rear taillights and housings, rear bumper, rear wiring harness, engine wiring harness, front headlights, windshield wiper motor, pedal assembly, heater vent boxes, radiator. kinda sporadic but the car is almost down to the last bit of major components to pull out before i can begin bodywork and paint. Still going through the wiring to sort out the bads and goods. some sad happenings with the engine harness wiring.

Back