• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the blue KS bird

Jim S.

Reaction score
4:10AM bad back woke me up again. It looks great but, I have one suggestion. Not trying to be a stick in the mud or anything like that. Take a ohmmeter and check continuity across that copper tape. Say from the left most regulator plug in to the bolt just slightly left and above it. I just say that because I have used copper tape a lot on other projects and sometimes you find that the adhesive on the backside is not conductive or has high resistance. If that is the case, solder the tape to the existing trace on both ends and where the copper tape pieces overlap.

:cheers:

droptop

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
KS69RdRnnr said:
going to look at the main dash frame to see if it is black or blue originally. someone told me the dash frames are usually the same color as the lower pads. I can see some paint drip evidence on it and its rough in places so im guessing it was all dark blue at some point.

Robin, per Gunnar's "Decode This" thread from when he was looking at buying your car at the same time that you were, your RR has the B7 Medium Blue Metallic Interior. The dash frame was originally blue. Mine is equipped the same way FWIW. Please see attached color chart. Should be the suede 13157 dark blue. Hope this helps.

Ray

http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.aspx?i ... r-pg02.jpg

Do they have a 69 chart? This is a 67 interior chart. I am looking for the code for '69 red.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Don't know if this will help or not. I have a Dupont paint chart and for interior they show just two colors for red. Regatta red flat, 9621LH, and Briar red flat 9613LM.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
droptop said:
ACME A12 said:
Robin, per Gunnar's "Decode This" thread from when he was looking at buying your car at the same time that you were, your RR has the B7 Medium Blue Metallic Interior. The dash frame was originally blue. Mine is equipped the same way FWIW. Please see attached color chart. Should be the suede 13157 dark blue. Hope this helps.

Ray

http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.aspx?i ... r-pg02.jpg

Do they have a 69 chart? This is a 67 interior chart. I am looking for the code for '69 red.

No idea why a '67 chart comes up in a '69 search... :huh: It even says "1969" at the top of the page...
anyway, I tried it again and it seemed to come up properly...
http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.aspx?i ... h-pg02.jpg

You can search for whatever you want by clicking on "new search" in the upper RH corner.

KS69RdRnnr

Procrastinator V8
Reaction score
bought a repro roadrunner horn, the original is missing :(. trying to track down the wiring for it but not sure where to start. its not where it should be I hope someone didnt cut it out..

moparstuart

Reaction score
KS69RdRnnr said:
bought a repro roadrunner horn, the original is missing :(. trying to track down the wiring for it but not sure where to start. its not where it should be I hope someone didnt cut it out..
should be two leads and plugs , you will only need one of them

KS69RdRnnr

Procrastinator V8
Reaction score
got some new parts :) new chrome shift boot bezel, proper horn mounting bolt, some clips and connectors and a new glove box liner nothing major but always fun to get new stuff hehe

KS69RdRnnr

Procrastinator V8
Reaction score
true, but i enjoy the feeling of new stuff! :drool:
interior first then i expand to conquer it all! so far i am into the car 250 bux
selling my 68 charger i bought before this to help fund the floor pan purchase :)
will see whats under the carpet first of course, but i knew the pans were rough
when i bought it the seller threw in the trunk pan! just need to fix the floor pan and
the car is coming along nicely, frame rails on this bird are fantastic :banana:

KS69RdRnnr

Procrastinator V8
Reaction score
i am out of town for work this week, but just found out my alternator gauge replacement came in the mail. Excitement :beep:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, does that carpet and those seat covers ever look familiar! But you have nicer feet than I do though... :basketcase: Now we'll probably be subjected to a whole slew of pictures of Stuie's bare feet... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Interesting read in the July issue of MCG. Frank Badalson says to throw the dimmer switch grommet away. He says it was used on some '66 model MoPars, but not on anything from '67 to '71. The carpet manufacturers just throw them in with everything... :popcorn:

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It looks like we have a new foot model on the board. Nude feet :lmao: I read that about the grommet also, but if they left a bottom door hinge bolt out on all the cars he wouldn't add it. I bet the first corporate show cars got the grommet, I'm just saying I'm not taking mine off :lmao:

KS69RdRnnr

Procrastinator V8
Reaction score
ah was wondering about that piece! my old carpet didnt have it either.. Right now I am getting ready to start cutting out the old floor pans and footwell pans, getting the tools I need and workspace ready for a hella mess.. This is one of the biggest obstacles at the moment to getting her closer to roadworthiness! :grouphug:

Back