• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The World is NOT Flat...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Well, here's an update that will make the Pre-Columbus Map Crowd chuckle... The PowerMaster mini-starter doesn't fit. The 30+ year old headers that are the car will not clear. The tube off of #5 would have to be beaten to a pulp in order for it to work. Now I've got to decide if I want to pony up $25 for the STK16 and rebuild this one or pony up $50 and get one that is ready to go. Either way, I'm not doing it today. Too bloody hot out there and I'm beat. Had to jack the engine up just to get the old one out as I expected. It pretty much fought me tooth and nail. Lost a nice chunk of forehead to the LCA when I turned around under the car and ran smack dab into it. The score at halftime is LCA - one, ACME - zero.
Gotta love those headers :brickwall:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I'm not laughing...I'm not laughing......oh the hell with it... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ....sorry Ray...... :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I'm not laughing...I'm not laughing......oh the hell with it... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ....sorry Ray...... :jester:

Hey, I fessed up of my own free will...I knew you'd find it humorous so I had to share. :D

While clearly smaller, the clocking on this starter is just different enough to create serious clearance issues with those old headers. I'll just throw it up on the shelf for future usage. Now that I've calmed down, cooled down, and my head stopped hurting I'm ready to tackle it again. I'll probably grab a starter tonight and see if I can zip it back up. I HATE having the old girl inoperative...

:jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

Hey, I fessed up of my own free will...I knew you'd find it humorous so I had to share. :D

While clearly smaller, the clocking on this starter is just different enough to create serious clearance issues with those old headers. I'll just throw it up on the shelf for future usage. Now that I've calmed down, cooled down, and my head stopped hurting I'm ready to tackle it again. I'll probably grab a starter tonight and see if I can zip it back up. I HATE having the old girl inoperative...

Slowly rrepeat after me Ray, "exhaust manifolds", now take a deep breath and go grab a set! :acme:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
it took me 2 hours to change the starter on my Charger, 440 with headers. jack the engine up etc. the next time the starter died, out came the blue flame and bye bye headers. about a week after I got the yellow car, the starter died. was dreading the task. I was wondering where I could borrow some torches, since I had the manifolds off of Freebird. I finally talked myself into starting, and after I got the header unbolted, the starter was just about an inch from comming out figured I'd hafta jack the engine up. I noticed that if I took out one of the manifold studs, it would let the header move a little more, and the starter fell out. the 383 must be just low enough for this.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Well Bambilicious lives again. I installed a new NAPA remanufactured GR starter last night. Went very smoothly. I can only attribute that to cracking open a Miller Lite instead of a bottle of water when I started the job. :lol:

And for my next feat I shall sail off of the edge of the planet... :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Slowly rrepeat after me Ray, "exhaust manifolds", now take a deep breath and go grab a set! :acme:

I've got manifolds and a complete, new exhaust system for the car. But neither are going on until the car gets stripped, spends some time in paint jail, and then gets reassembled...and since the KGB Agent (my ex-wife) is dragging me back into court to get my child support order tripled (I've already received the preliminary findings from the peoples republic of calibanornia) that won't happen for much longer than originally anticipated I'm sad to report... :leave:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

I've got manifolds and a complete, new exhaust system for the car. But neither are going on until the car gets stripped, spends some time in paint jail, and then gets reassembled...and since the KGB Agent (my ex-wife) is dragging me back into court to get my child support order tripled (I've already received the preliminary findings from the peoples republic of calibanornia) that won't happen for much longer than originally anticipated I'm sad to report... :leave:
UH HO :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

Oh boy! I am sorry to hear that. I hope everything turns out well for you, well as best as possibly can be considering the circumstances.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
if Osama Binlandin had an ex wife looking for him, he'd been found by now.....go out in thegarage, and just crank that new Pre Columbus GR over a few times...it'll sooth your nerves.....

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
if Osama Binlandin had an ex wife looking for him, he'd been found by now.....go out in thegarage, and just crank that new Pre Columbus GR over a few times...it'll sooth your nerves.....

You could not be more right about bin laden. Divorce/custody/child support issues just plain suck if you are a bread-winning, tax-paying, caucasian male. You are the lowest form of life on the planet and they will gladly remind you of that the moment that you enter the courthouse...just shut up and hand over the cash... Our son turned 15 in June...so there's 3 more years of being her whipping boy and open checkbook...and of being at the mercy of a courthouse 3,000 miles away... Am I angry and bitter? After over 15 years of this sh*t you'd better believe it...

That sounds like an excellent RX, Doctor Basketcase... :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
forgot the most important part......pull the coil wire off the dizzy, and while you litsen to the sweet music of the Chrysler Gear Reduction starter...have you're eyes closed, and slowly repeat...."The World is Flat...The World is Flat"...repeat this several times, then hook the coil up, start the 440 cubic inches of Chrysler Big Block, and go blow up some mufflers... :drive: :drive: :drive:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

You could not be more right about bin laden. Divorce/custody/child support issues just plain suck if you are a bread-winning, tax-paying, caucasian male. You are the lowest form of life on the planet and they will gladly remind you of that the moment that you enter the courthouse...just shut up and hand over the cash... Our son turned 15 in June...so there's 3 more years of being her whipping boy and open checkbook...and of being at the mercy of a courthouse 3,000 miles away... Am I angry and bitter? After over 15 years of this sh*t you'd better believe it...

That sounds like an excellent RX, Doctor Basketcase... :lol:

One of my business partners has been the victim of the Cali dovorce courts. Unbeliveable.... They went after child support from him and he had his kids living with him in New York!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
did you guys see where Micheal Douglas is fighting cancer? they took a walnut sized toumor from his tounge. then his ex announced she's taking him to court to get half the earnings of his new movie....which isn't even out yet. I don't know how long she's been his ex...but I know he;s been married to Cathriene Jones (what an upgrade :drool: :drool: :drool: ) for a while now. so...just how in the hell is the ex entitled to more $?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
One of my business partners has been the victim of the Cali dovorce courts. Unbeliveable.... They went after child support from him and he had his kids living with him in New York!!

...sounds like par for the course...sadly... :yesnod:

Back