• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The World is NOT Flat...

sam z

Reaction score
I'm with Ray on this, no doubt about it. And, my previous OEM type unit suffered the second ailment that John discussed above. Incredibly frustrating, and couldn't depend on the car to start even if I just drove it down the street for some gas.

Got the powermaster and loving it every time I turn the key. My :cents:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Picked up my new PowerMaster starter this afternoon. I was on the phone with Johnny McMoPar as I wheeled into the Advance Auto Parts parking lot. He was laughing his butt off when I told him I had to go so I could walk in and pick up my "World Is Not Flat" starter... :D

Now if I can just get a break from the rain tomorrow... One, so I can take a couple of the cars to a little show that they are having in the parking lot at the Advance Auto Parts store - I promised Jesse that I would bring him some toys down for static display for his customer appreciation day. Two, so I can finally cut the grass. And three, so I can get the starter on...steel roof on the toy box if you're trying to figure out why I care about the rain if I am inside. It gets incredibly freakin' noisy in there during a good rain...

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and as far as dishing out the carp, no one beats The Big Kauhauna...check you're avaitar there Frenchy..... :basketcase:

droptop

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
and as far as dishing out the carp, no one beats The Big Kauhauna...check you're avaitar there Frenchy..... :basketcase:

The world's first A12 mini starter. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:

Not much of a carp eater...I've always been more of a fried catfish kinda guy... :lol:

I can't open the file (obviously an audio file) for some reason...so I'm missing out on the gag...but I have a fairly good idea what is contained within... :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

Not much of a carp eater...I've always been more of a fried catfish kinda guy... :lol:

I can't open the file (obviously an audio file) for some reason...so I'm missing out on the gag...but I have a fairly good idea what is contained within... :lol:
Come on Ray! You just don't want to hear what a real starter sounds like!!! :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Let me translate Ray "Earerererererer,,,Earerer :drive: " :basketcase:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Let me translate Ray "Earerererererer,,,Earerer :drive: " :basketcase:

Somehow I KNEW that would be the sound on that file... :basketcase:

Thank-you for the EXCELLENT translation, Bob! :thumbsup:

:jester:

mcmopar

Reaction score
This will require a little work but you can take a listen by going to the link:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b31d288/n/Mini_Starter.WAV
Scroll down to the bottom of the page
Select/Highlight the Text link window
Then just above that click on Download Now with File Factory Basic
Enter authentication code
Hit Enter or click on Download Now
Wait 30 seconds
Scroll back down to the bottom of the page
Click On Download With File Factory Basic (again)
Select Open

The process is a bit of a pain but I couldn't get the file linked any other way atm

"...now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational..." mini-starter. :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Wait 30 seconds
Select Open

The process is a bit of a pain but I couldn't get the file linked any other way atm

"...now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational..." mini-starter. :jester:
What I didn't do a good enough sound effect :D

mcmopar

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
mcmopar said:
Wait 30 seconds
Select Open

What I didn't do a good enough sound effect :D

Not for a high torque mini starter.

Jim S.

Reaction score
O.K. I did it. I may have a lowly 383 auto but, I love the way the old Chrysler reduction sounds when it starts. If it ever dumps, I'll be re-building it. :thumbsup: BTW did I wish Basketcase a Happy Birthday.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

give a guy a break.....been puttin in a lot of 12s lately..... :crazy:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

give a guy a break.....been puttin in a lot of 12s lately..... :crazy:

Hey, we ALL make typos...that one just seemed more opportune than most...get some rest... :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, here's an update that will make the Pre-Columbus Map Crowd chuckle... The PowerMaster mini-starter doesn't fit. The 30+ year old headers that are the car will not clear. The tube off of #5 would have to be beaten to a pulp in order for it to work. Now I've got to decide if I want to pony up $25 for the STK16 and rebuild this one or pony up $50 and get one that is ready to go. Either way, I'm not doing it today. Too bloody hot out there and I'm beat. Had to jack the engine up just to get the old one out as I expected. It pretty much fought me tooth and nail. Lost a nice chunk of forehead to the LCA when I turned around under the car and ran smack dab into it. The score at halftime is LCA - one, ACME - zero.

Back