• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There are great benefits to driving a WING CAR

moparstuart

Reaction score
Aero Cars at the Brickyard 400, July 29-31 2011
« on: Yesterday at 01:26:36 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote
This has come together VERY quickly. I was contacted by a representative of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway a couple weeks ago. They are interested in doing a display of Wings and Aero Fords for the Brickyard 400. I have quietly been asking a few people, and there is enough interest to make this go. The dates are Friday July 29th, Saturday the 30th, and Sunday the 31st. This is a fantastic opportunity to be at a premier event on the NASCAR tour, and to be able to drive your car on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Friday - Display at the Speedway. All cars will be inside the track. If we have enough cars on hand (10+), we will be able to get on the track for parade laps.

Saturday is qualifying day and there is a two hour break between qualifying and final practice where we will be able to get on the track for parade laps.

Sunday is race day, and schedule permitting with NASCAR, there will be another parade lap before the race.

The track will be providing weekend passes to our attendees bringing a participating car. You will need to let me know you are coming, and who will be attending.

Saturday and Sunday are the big days, so if you cannot make Friday, you will still have plenty to see and do at the race track.

I have a hotel lined up at a reasonable price, $99 per night, and will announce that shortly.

So who is in? This is a fantastic opportunity to be at a premier event on the NASCAR tour, and to be able to drive your car on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

WOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'M GOING TO GET TO DRIVE THE BIRDIBLE ON THE BRICK YARD

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very cool! :thumbsup:

Suggest that you not roll the windows down at speeds in excess of 140 MPH unless you are just looking to buy a new top... :basketcase:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:red2: :red2:l :red2: :red2: :red2: :red2: :red2: :red2: :red2: :red2: :red2: :red2: :red2: :red2: :red2: :red2: :red2: :red2:

lucky bastard! :drive:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That should be a blast. You would think the boy would fly his relatives in for that don't you think George :yesnod: :jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That will be a great time Stuie! I missed a chance to do that back in '91 when the Plymouth owners club held a national meet there. I was planning on going out there with my '58 Custom Suburban but had to cancel when I got layed off when the company I worked for filed for bankruptcy. :brickwall: Don't forget to get out and kiss the bricks!!!!! :jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
That should be a blast. You would think the boy would fly his relatives in for that don't you think George :yesnod: :jester:
yeah i'm still waiting for my vegas tickets too DAD , come on out on your own dime and i'll make sure you get a ride around the track

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
yeah i'm still waiting for my vegas tickets too DAD , come on out on your own dime and i'll make sure you get a ride around the track
Yeah in the trunk :jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
Yeah in the trunk :jester:
i was thinking hanging off the wing :jester: :jester:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
stuie....buddy.....send us our plane tickets so we can go around the track with ya

man....they name streets after buddies like you......ONE WAY......DEAD END :lol: :lol: :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
stuie....buddy.....send us our plane tickets so we can go around the track with ya

man....they name streets after buddies like you......ONE WAY......DEAD END :lol: :lol: :lol:

That one made me laugh out loud... :lol: :lol: :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Glad I swallowed my coffee before reading that. And Stuie wants me to be a wing walker :lol:

Back