• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This just In!

Propwash

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,
Joined up a bit ago and I'm finally getting a chance to head on over here. I picked up this 69' Roadrunner over in Minnesota about 3 weeks ago. The car has a 440 in it w/727. Its a bucket seat console car with originally a vinyl top, b-5 blue, and black hood stipes. I couldn't tell you what exact color it is now and obviously the vinyl is long gone. With this being a northern car, the rear frame, crossmember, shackle mounts, and front floor pans are/were pretty rotten and I am in the process of replacing right now. She needs a bit of work but I keep plugging away in between my 70-80 hour work weeks. I recognize some folks here from FBBO, good to see you gents! And hello to everyone else, glad to be here!

rr3.jpg
rr5.jpg
rr6.jpg
rr2.jpg
rr2.jpg
rr8.jpg
rrst3.jpg
rrst5.jpg
re3.jpg
re6.jpg
tr4.jpg
tr5.jpg
re10.jpg
fr1.jpg
cm1.jpg
cm2.jpg
cm4.jpg
cm5.jpg
cm6.jpg

Propwash

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys....and yes Jim, it does have factory black interior. Also nice to see a fellow wisconsin guy here as well 3birds. I'm sure I'll be asking bunches of questions to all of you as time goes by and I progress further on the RR if you don't mind. From the pic's i'm sure you can brightly see I have a 68' Coronet 500 vert. as well. What can I say, i'm a B-Body junky! Had mopars since I was 16 and i'm sure looking forward to this new chapter in my book.
Thanks again guys.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the birds' nest Propwash! It looks like you've made a lot of progress there. Don't worry about asking questions. There are plenty of guys who really know these cars, and in the end we all learn something new.

droptop

Reaction score
Welcome from Southern Indiana. Are you going to use the AMD one piece trunk pan? If so, you might want to wait until you get it in to weld up that rear panel. Great pics. Keep us posted on your progress.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Welcome! Looks great!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome to the site! looks like a great project.Mine came home on U Haul too. don't be shy, and post up pics of the Coronet.

Propwash

Reaction score
Thanks Staurt...Nice to see ya. Glad I could make it over. This site is great! Very helpful! Kinda taking a break tonight from the roadrunner. Don't really feel like firing up the heater. It's freaking freezing out! Chance of snow tonight, just snowed last friday! :facepalm: Ummm..Global what????

I wasn't sure if I should post any pic's of the Coronet, but if you guys say its ok..alrighty then.
Little story behind it...I've had the car since I was 17 when I traded a 72 roadrunner for it. I had completed most of the restoration on the roadrunner and the coronet was a heap, but I just had to have it. Took about 2 years of blood sweat and tears to bring her back. After a tedious treasure hunt, it's got the original 383 w/727, split bench, power brakes, power steering, power top, power windows all from the factory and is one of 2000 coronet 500 verts built in 68'. I had no clue about all the numbers and options back then, just wanted a late 60's mopar and it was a vert to top it off.
This car use to share the same cancer and more as the roadrunner does now (coronet made in St. Louis, sold in Canada), so having it next to me in the garage while working on the bird gives me a bit of motivation when I get a bit overwelmed.

ct2.jpg
ct1.jpg
ct3.jpg
ct4.jpg

mcmopar

Reaction score
Welcome Propwash. I gotta tip the hat to ya - you've got 2 beauties there. I also have to admire your skills in being able to reassemble a rotted out bird. You're doing a great job :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Nice project. Good advice from Harold on that trunk floor..

ACME

Propwash

Reaction score
Thanks again guys..I appeciate the imput on the trunk pan. I actually have the two piece floor pan for it. My plan for weld up is, fit/jig in the rear crossmember to the frame rails/shackle mounts. Slide in jig/fit up the trunk pan, remove and replace the rear fill panel( leaving the tail light buckets in for proper alignment), then weld in the fill panel and move onto replacing the tail light buckets. In between I will weld the lip from the trunk pan to the lip on the fill panel, then weld up the rear crossmember to the bottom of the trunk pan lip, and then weld in the rest of the trunk pan. Easy enough right? :eek:

Back