• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today at the donut shop

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Is this every Saturday morning? What times approximately? You can see where this is going, Chris; trying to figure out if Mrs. ACME & I can make on the morning of the 26th or not. We're scheduled to land at LAX at about 9:45 a.m. PDT...

If not, I'll just swing by wally-world, pick up a cheap fire extinguisher, and head over to your place for a ride in the A12... :D

:jester:
might wanna grab 2 extingishers just to be safe , :basketcase:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
moparchris said:
BARRY JACKPOT said:
Was that at donut derelics Chris

Yes, I dont like to use that name since this ass-hat, who used to be a customer of a shop I used to work at, decided to license the name and pimp it out to the max. I have been going there for a lot of years, pretty cool group. Usually there is a hundred cars there and sometimes up to 300. What blows me away is no matter how long I have been attending I usually see somthing new and exciting every time! Socal has so many cars hidden away. Quick story, there is a guy that goes to the donut shop on a pretty regular basis. His name is Gary Perkins, a real nice man and loves his Mopars. His cars qualify as jewelry, they are so nice. He has a Hemi Dart clone built by the AFX guy in Arizona. One day he is parked and there is the usual crowd around his car, when we hear a wicked cackling rumble from something with open headers. In pulls a REAL Hemi 4 speed Dart painted up in a ridiculous 70s paint job and tubbed with 14x32 inch slicks in the rear. The guys takes the spot next to Gary and shuts it off and stuffs a picture of it pulling a major wheelie, up on the bumper, at the track. It has the normal bumps and bruises of a car of its vintage. I ask the guy where in the hell did he find this thing. He tells me in his garage and it hasnt seen the light of day since the early 80s! The fastest it had ran was 9.88 at 144. He happened upon the donut shop a few weeks earlier and saw Gary's car and was inspired. So he went home and got his car running so he could come down and share. This car has been with the 5 mile radius of my home for the last 20 years! Thats an example of the crap that goes on around here. If you ever visit again its worth getting up for.
very cool story.....thanks :thumbsup:

moparchris

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
ACME A12 said:
Is this every Saturday morning? What times approximately? You can see where this is going, Chris; trying to figure out if Mrs. ACME & I can make on the morning of the 26th or not. We're scheduled to land at LAX at about 9:45 a.m. PDT...

If not, I'll just swing by wally-world, pick up a cheap fire extinguisher, and head over to your place for a ride in the A12... :D

:jester:
might wanna grab 2 extingishers just to be safe , :basketcase:

NOT FUNNY! :toetap: :lmao:

Its all said and done at 8 am. There is also a meet at the Ford building, I think they call themselves "ridiculous exotics and coffee" or something like that. If you guys move your flight up we can hit those its worth it....usually.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
If you guys move your flight up we can hit those its worth it....usually.

No can do. We're departing Tampa at 7:40 A.M. EDT. That's the earliest direct flight offered...an earlier departure with a connection only slows thiings down... Looks like its two extinguishers to go and brunch at In-N-Out... :lol:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

No can do. We're departing Tampa at 7:40 A.M. EDT. That's the earliest direct flight offered...an earlier departure with a connection only slows thiings down... Looks like its two extinguishers to go and brunch at In-N-Out... :lol:
a bunch of crispy In-N-Outs

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

don't threaten me with good time!

Maybe I can talk bob into going out early and do a cruise with th bee and the runner, you out there Bob?

moparstuart

Reaction score
moparchris said:
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

don't threaten me with good time!

Maybe I can talk bob into going out early and do a cruise with th bee and the runner, you out there Bob?
he"s lost in montana or somewhere up north

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Chris that was quite a collage of locations, those 2 hemi darts are sweet

Back