• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today at the donut shop

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's not a real SS...they only came in red... :lmao:

Nice pics, Chris. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

:jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
That's not a real SS...they only came in red... :lmao:

Nice pics, Chris. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Thats funny, I told the owner that his car is fake because it didn't have a shaker! :lmao:

moparchris

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
thanks for sharing......i really love mopars but give me that gasser 55 chevy.....nice :thumbsup:

That 55 is pretty wicked with a 572 aluminum headed big block and a 4 gear.

moparchris

Reaction score
BARRY JACKPOT said:
Was that at donut derelics Chris

Yes, I dont like to use that name since this ass-hat, who used to be a customer of a shop I used to work at, decided to license the name and pimp it out to the max. I have been going there for a lot of years, pretty cool group. Usually there is a hundred cars there and sometimes up to 300. What blows me away is no matter how long I have been attending I usually see somthing new and exciting every time! Socal has so many cars hidden away. Quick story, there is a guy that goes to the donut shop on a pretty regular basis. His name is Gary Perkins, a real nice man and loves his Mopars. His cars qualify as jewelry, they are so nice. He has a Hemi Dart clone built by the AFX guy in Arizona. One day he is parked and there is the usual crowd around his car, when we hear a wicked cackling rumble from something with open headers. In pulls a REAL Hemi 4 speed Dart painted up in a ridiculous 70s paint job and tubbed with 14x32 inch slicks in the rear. The guys takes the spot next to Gary and shuts it off and stuffs a picture of it pulling a major wheelie, up on the bumper, at the track. It has the normal bumps and bruises of a car of its vintage. I ask the guy where in the hell did he find this thing. He tells me in his garage and it hasnt seen the light of day since the early 80s! The fastest it had ran was 9.88 at 144. He happened upon the donut shop a few weeks earlier and saw Gary's car and was inspired. So he went home and got his car running so he could come down and share. This car has been with the 5 mile radius of my home for the last 20 years! Thats an example of the crap that goes on around here. If you ever visit again its worth getting up for.

BARRY JACKPOT

Reaction score
I was there in march and as you say I was blown away just super cool stuff everywhere. We got in there on the way to the Spring Fling and it was pretty early but the car park was half full already. I absolutely loved So Cal the way hot rodding and being into cars is a way of life. Not everyones cup of tea but I got to see a Sunbeam Tiger at the donut shop that morning, my dad had these little english convertables called Sunbeam Alpines when I was a kid and he'd tell me about these Tigers that the factory had built with small block fords in them. There would only be a handfull of Tigers in Australia and i'd sure never run across one so that was pretty cool for me.

moparchris

Reaction score
BARRY JACKPOT said:
I was there in march and as you say I was blown away just super cool stuff everywhere. We got in there on the way to the Spring Fling and it was pretty early but the car park was half full already. I absolutely loved So Cal the way hot rodding and being into cars is a way of life. Not everyones cup of tea but I got to see a Sunbeam Tiger at the donut shop that morning, my dad had these little english convertables called Sunbeam Alpines when I was a kid and he'd tell me about these Tigers that the factory had built with small block fords in them. There would only be a handfull of Tigers in Australia and i'd sure never run across one so that was pretty cool for me.

I was there that day. Bummer I missed out on meeting you. Next time. :cheers:

BARRY JACKPOT

Reaction score
Oh don't worry the first chance I get i'll be back, I met so many great people on that trip I can't wait to go again

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this every Saturday morning? What times approximately? You can see where this is going, Chris; trying to figure out if Mrs. ACME & I can make on the morning of the 26th or not. We're scheduled to land at LAX at about 9:45 a.m. PDT...

If not, I'll just swing by wally-world, pick up a cheap fire extinguisher, and head over to your place for a ride in the A12... :D

Back