• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has been married the longest

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
We just did the 35 year thing yesterday. Are you even that old :lol:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The beautiful Mrs Big John and I have been married seven years this August. Between the two of us, we have five kids and three grandkids!

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
the big 34 years ....my buddy tells me i am a nazi....its unamerican to be married that long.....you have to be married at least 3 times to be american....i am old school!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jester:

Big John

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
the big 34 years ....my buddy tells me i am a nazi....its unamerican to be married that long.....you have to be married at least 3 times to be american....i am old school!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jester:

Yea, I've been refering to young peoples' marriages as "Starter Marriages" for a few years now.

Jim S.

Reaction score
About 500 years. :crazy:
Actually 27 years with a 13 year old Grandson who lives with us. I know the math doesn't work out, it's a long story........

Big John

Reaction score
I've got a friend that was married three times... to the same woman.

She was a real sweetheart too. Beautiful woman with a great personality. He married her the first time at a JP down south somewhere. A year later, he got a letter from some judge saying the JP hadn't renewed his own license and his marriage wasn't legal. So he married her again, this time with family present and all was good.

20 or so years later, she gets mad over something and leaves. He just came home and she was gone. She divorces him and he's still just in shock over what happened. She walks away from everything... including the house... money.. savings..the whole deal.

Then she starts calling him after being divorced about 3 months. She says she got some help and wants to come back.... So he marries her again. She's never really the same after that though, but he still tries really hard to make it work.

I was talking to him about five or six years later and he said "yep, just like before... she's gone and just started the divorce"... Then he said "I'm not taking her back this time"

69B5

Reaction score
69hemibeep!
Are you nuts, two of them!!!
I can hardly handle the one I have! LOL
What I ment when I said two happy ones was two happy years of marrage.
And that is probably stretching it a bit.LOL
69B5
ps. Whats going on with my mystery car? Chris gave me his word not to reveal the car and the next thing I see is everyone peeking under a car cover.

moparstuart

Reaction score
Big John said:
I've got a friend that was married three times... to the same woman.

She was a real sweetheart too. Beautiful woman with a great personality. He married her the first time at a JP down south somewhere. A year later, he got a letter from some judge saying the JP hadn't renewed his own license and his marriage wasn't legal. So he married her again, this time with family present and all was good.

20 or so years later, she gets mad over something and leaves. He just came home and she was gone. She divorces him and he's still just in shock over what happened. She walks away from everything... including the house... money.. savings..the whole deal.

Then she starts calling him after being divorced about 3 months. She says she got some help and wants to come back.... So he marries her again. She's never really the same after that though, but he still tries really hard to make it work.

I was talking to him about five or six years later and he said "yep, just like before... she's gone and just started the divorce"... Then he said "I'm not taking her back this time"
sometimes they do that

moparchris

Reaction score
A year and 3 months or 11 months....depends. :leg:

69b5 I will have to mark you down some extra points for crossing threads! :pot:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seven years this past January. Wasn't sure last summer that we were going to make it as some of you will recall. Things are MUCH BETTER these days and I have my best friend back... :worship:

Congrats on your and Sandy's anniversary, Bob! :cheers:

rkb2

Reaction score
6 years the first time seemed liked 40 :brickwall: , 13 years currently and its going by too fast. :banana: (got it right the second time) :banana: 7 kids total 24 - 7, 5 boys 2 girls. youngest girls the only one into cars like her dad...go figure :lock:

Back