• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wing car fan

hotrod98

Reaction score
We've needed a good site for the wing car lovers out there on the net. While the roadrunner site would tend to lean toward the Superbirds, the other wingcar people should feel free to join us in discussions concerning all aspects of the wing car world. I hope to see a lot of the other wing car cloners out there that either already own or are planning to build a re-creation of the outrageous cars we call "wingcars".
I'll start by showing a few pics of our current project, a daytona clone, as well as a few pics of our future project, my wife's Superbird clone.

hotrod98

Reaction score
This is the 70 Satellite that we purchased to use to build the Superbird. We've recently bought a better nosecone, fender scoops and various other parts from Dayclona. We also bought an original superbird wing. This car will be limelight with black leather buckets, rallye wheels, 5.7 hemi with a 5-speed automatic. It will also have the 70 bulge style coronet R/T hood. I'll start a resto thread when we get started on the build. should be a fun car.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hotrod98 said:
We've needed a good site for the wing car lovers out there on the net.

So start one.

Edit: That brief comment came accross in rather curt fashion and was not my intent. I meant to state that if there really was a need for a website specific to the aero-warrirors then perhaps you should investigate the creation of one. Hopefully this clarifies my earlier comment. It wasn't intended to be a brush-off.

Ray

hotrod98

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
hotrod98 said:
We've needed a good site for the wing car lovers out there on the net.

So start one.

Looks like we just did.

No offense taken. I've always thought that a site just for Superbirds and Superbird clones would be limited in traffic, but when combined with their sibling, the Roadrunner, it could see quite a bit of activity. They just go together.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
It will also have the 70 bulge style coronet R/T hood. I'll start a resto thread when we get started on the build. should be a fun car.[/quote]

I saw pics of a Bird with the coronet hood, might have been on the 'parts. Looked awsome.

hotrod98

Reaction score
Are those front floors covered in fiberglass? I did that to one of my 71 Cudas about ten years ago and they're still solid today. No one has a clue that I did it. I saved a ton of time and money doing that. When done right, you can't tell and it actually looks better than welding in floor panels.
I fiberglassed one area on the floor of the 69 runner that I have on the rotisserie now. It's solid as a rock. When I undercoat it you'll never be able to tell. Heck, I could just paint the bottom of the car and you wouldn't be able to tell.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
that would be some cob job fiberglassing that floor....do it right ...cut it out and replace it the right way.....that floor looked like swiss cheese

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I fibreglassed a floor in a 63 Dodge "beater" that I had years ago. The rubber mat had destroyed the floor even though the rest of the car didn't look too bad. There was only a couple small holes, the floor was just paper thin. Back then you couldnt get the repop sheet metal and the alternative was fabricating a floor from sheet metal, something that I didn't have the time for and honestly the 4-door 330 Dodge wasn't worth the effort.

I did two layers of chopped mat over what was left and I gotta tell ya... it turned out a lot better and stronger then I thought it would. The car was a lot quieter to drive when it was all done. I put a JC Whitney carpet set that someone had given me over it and no one ever knew once the smell from the resin went away, :lmao:

I wouldn't fix my Roadrunner that way.. its not what I would call a "resto" type repair... but it does work.

Back