• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 GTX

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Gary. You are the kind of guy that I would have liked to run into to do my paint and body, you get on a job and stick with it. Unless its yous :lol:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Gary. You are the kind of guy that I would have liked to run into to do my paint and body, you get on a job and stick with it. Unless its yous :lol:

You got that right........ :lol: Bob, on the bottom of the window channel that is hooked to the wing window frame there is a little bracket that is held on with a bolt through the bottom of the door. Neither one of the one's on the X were connected. If I'm not mistaking, I think they are suppose to be spot welded on. Do you have any pics of this? Thanks

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
69hemibeep said:

You got that right........ :lol: Bob, on the bottom of the window channel that is hooked to the wing window frame there is a little bracket that is held on with a bolt through the bottom of the door. Neither one of the one's on the X were connected. If I'm not mistaking, I think they are suppose to be spot welded on. Do you have any pics of this? Thanks
Look at this and see if it helps the top of page one viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1425&p=17764&hilit=wing+window#p17764

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
No, I had already looked at those. It is all the way to the bottom of the door. Can't see it in that pic.
I know what your talking about now let me see what I can find, I know it gets bolted down from the underside of the door... I don't have a pic of that but if it broke off it maybe bolted in the door yet. There is a body plug on the bottom to get to it.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Yes, it is still in the door. I was just wondering if it was tack welded on or not. I have all the pieces....... :popcorn:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Yes, it is still in the door. I was just wondering if it was tack welded on or not. I have all the pieces....... :popcorn:
I believe it was spot welded so hit it with a wire welder. This is the most common reason these doors rattle when you close them.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:
I believe it was spot welded so hit it with a wire welder. This is the most common reason these doors rattle when you close them.
:thumbsup: :D Thank you.......

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Well Bob, so much for you bragging on me for staying on the job........I've been working on hail damaged vehicles for a couple of weeks to get Carlisle money......sorry for disappointing you........... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Well Bob, so much for you bragging on me for staying on the job........I've been working on hail damaged vehicles for a couple of weeks to get Carlisle money......sorry for disappointing you........... :lol:
That's OK it that's what it takes to meet you there :grouphug:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:
the mother ship is going to come get him before carlisle , you will meet his replacement body snatcher there :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:
the mother ship is going to come get him before carlisle , you will meet his replacement body snatcher there :jester:

If he's wearing his "Oregon" shirt we'll know it's really him... :basketcase:

Back