• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 383 original Hemi Orange engine???

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
>>> insert rant here <<<
just kidding, :jester:
this has been a fun thread and I'm way over my post count for a thread. Anyhow even forty year hairbrained sounding stories can pan out, I never doubted my Dad on any of it so I never bothered to look into it. If my link to the Moparts thread on the subject worked you'll see none of them believed Holleys were on air cars either (and some of them normally seem very knowledgeable on 69s) even though there is a guy on it with a 69 Bee with air and a Holley, so I don't think anyone here was thinking out of line, just turned out to be a more obscure car than I expected it to be. Thanks to all who looked into it. Here's the fender tag photo for fun.

1298.jpg

here is backside of fendertag mirrored for clarity

1221.jpg

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
I just memorized all the codes over the years :jester:

You mean like I did with all of the fender tag codes? :basketcase:
You and I can walk around Carlisle together decoding everything in sight just from memory... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Seems like anymore the only one I ever consistently remember is "R11"...and that's only because the "R" gives me a hint that it's a freakin' radio... :lol:

:jester:
We can walk around and be full of ourselves, I know what a J is for :acme: :jester:
J is what i'm getting when you kick off , not jack shit

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
>>> insert rant here <<<
this has been a fun thread and I'm way over my post count for a thread. Anyhow even forty year hairbrained sounding stories can pan out, I never doubted my Dad on any of it so I never bothered to look into it. If my link to the Moparts thread on the subject worked you'll see none of them believed Holleys were on air cars either (and some of them normally seem very knowledgeable on 69s) even though there is a guy on it with a 69 Bee with air and a Holley, so I don't think anyone here was thinking out of line, just turned out to be a more obscure car than I expected it to be. Thanks to all who looked into it. Here's the fender tag photo for fun.

1298.jpg

1221.jpg
You gotta love a Lynch Rd tag there just isn't much on them.

droptop

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
3BIRDS1X said:
>>> insert rant here <<<

1298.jpg

1221.jpg

Lynch Rd??? G is St Louis. :yesnod:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
droptop said:
69hemibeep said:
3BIRDS1X said:
>>> insert rant here <<<

1298.jpg

1221.jpg

Lynch Rd??? G is St Louis. :yesnod:
Oops just glanced at it its almost empty other than colors looked like a lynch tag :jester: :leave:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw that too...but let it go as I thought Bob was implying that this one was full of info COMPARED to a LR tag... BTW, that is the story that you SHOULD have gone with, Bob... :basketcase:

A31PKG

Reaction score
X2 !!

Lynch Rd tags do contain painfully little info compared to the other plants...

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
X2 !!

But then you can add sport stripes or a hood treatment and no one can really argue with you... :D :thumbsup: :D

Hell, now that I think about it, I guess I could add a radio to my car... :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I saw that too...but let it go as I thought Bob was implying that this one was full of info COMPARED to a LR tag... BTW, that is the story that you SHOULD have gone with, Bob... :basketcase:

I'm honest to a fault or stupid :lol:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:

You just make it sooooo easy.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Big John said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="ACME A12":1o6pd7zd]I saw that too...but let it go as I thought Bob was implying that this one was full of info COMPARED to a LR tag... BTW, that is the story that you SHOULD have gone with, Bob... :basketcase:

You just make it sooooo easy.[/quote:1o6pd7zd]
:soap: :soap: :soap: :lmao: There can't be any more room up there :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
A31PKG said:
X2 !!

But then you can add sport stripes or a hood treatment and no one can really argue with you... :D :thumbsup: :D

Hell, now that I think about it, I guess I could add a radio to my car... :lmao:
Did you have someone in mind who did that Ray?!?!? :jester: And go ahead and put the radio in, I won't tell!!!!! :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:

Did you have someone in mind who did that Ray?!?!? :jester: And go ahead and put the radio in, I won't tell!!!!! :lmao:

I'm not naming any names...just sayin'... :D

Nah, I don't want to have to cut a hole in the fender... Besides, with 4.10's in the a$$ I have all of the sweet tunes coming from under the hood that I need... :banana:
Just had her out for a romp this morning. Damn, that old war-horse is a lot of fun... :drive:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
[ There can't be any more room up there :lmao:

just give Big some time, and keep typ'n Bob... :lmao: (and as long as he's pick'n on you, he's leaving the rest of us alone)

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[Just had her out for a romp this morning. Damn, that old war-horse is a lot of fun... :drive:

quote]
:red2: :red2: :red2:

you know...for all the newbies that haven't seen Bambi..

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Just had her out for a romp this morning. Damn, that old war-horse is a lot of fun... :drive:

:jester:[/quote]
I bet the throttle didn't stick did it :drive: Have you messed with the ejector seat? :jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I bet the throttle didn't stick did it :drive:
My ace mechanic flew in from the surface of the sun and helped me get that figured out. Works flawlessly now. :D
69hemibeep said:
Have you messed with the ejector seat? :jester:
Ejector seat seems to have found its sweet spot for the moment...knock on wood. Hasn't tested my ability to reach the pedals lately...and I have definitely been in the throttle...don't know any other way to drive her... :drive:

Back