• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATTENTION: Post Car owners

sam z

Reaction score
Wow...interesting John. The man himself told you your K-frame was wrong. Shaking my head over here.

Come to think of it, I believe it is GG that provided the "by the numbers" segment in the magazine that started this discussion. I'm gonna have to check now.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. Big's car has the wrong K-Member. I think you have to sell it now... :basketcase:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mines coded for the decor group, and green interior.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I remember years ago a "car" (Chrysler product) came in with "Volare" on one fender and "Aspen" on the other....

Never say never

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I remember seeing a new Omni on a car lot, Omni on one fender, and Horizon on the other.

glhcarl

Reaction score
I remember seeing a new a Trailduster that said Plymouth on the grill and Dodge right above it on the hood.

Or a Gold 1969 New Yorker with Gold interior, except for the blue front passenger door panel right after it came off the hauler.

But, Chrysler was no worse than any other manfacture in the 60's and 70's. I know because I bought a Vega!

wannarunner

Reaction score
Big John said:
A31PKG said:
[quote="Big John":1gpsh2s0]And the reviews aren't that good!

It does contain a little mis-information here and there... all these books do. The pictures are its strong point, and they depict most colors & combos.

It's not a "restoration guide" per se, more of a pictoral/info guide. I thought it would help the op .... not at this price though!

I haven't found too many books that you could call a "restoration guide". It's one of those things that gets under my skin... There's soooo much misinformation out there. Even the so called "gurus" have muddied the waters with their opinions of what is correct. I even had GG stand next to my car and tell me I had the wrong K-frame in my car.... Yea... right...

To defend the "experts" though, Chrysler did a lot of screwy stuff. Whatever went on the car when it went down the line is what it is. Chrylser did what Chrysler did.... AND... if you special ordered it, they'd do about anything. My Dad bought a brand new 300 in 1968... Bucket seats and side pin stripe was standard... except his car... bench seat and no stripe. The window sticker told the tale. Delete both options. Dealers did some crazy stuff back then too. There was an A12 Bee with power windows that was sold in Syracuse had road wheels installed by Sam Dell Dodge... Oh wait... did I say power windows in an A12... they never offered that... right?[/quote:1gpsh2s0]

A mistake that A12 benefited from, Electric is lighter then manual.....

moparchris

Reaction score
I agree with the turn downs being a California mandate, however here is a pic of my dads 68 383 four speed GTS Dart with tips! Sold new in Glendale California and in the pics you can see the car still has paper plates on it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I think what happens sometimes is like Chris's dad walks in and wants a particular package, they search nearby dealers and one from outside of the CA emissions area shows up for the sale. Dealers buy and sell all the time.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
it used to be that the car makers would do whatever they had to do to get the sale. Dad bought a '71 Dodge pickup new. now the dealer was a ggod friend, and Dad had bought several new and used cars from him. Dad orderd his truck, and he had been looking at brochures of cars, and spotted Charcoal Grey. It wasn't supposed to be avalible for the trucks, but Dad got it. And I remember reading in on of the mags a few years back, a Doctor bought a new Chrysler(300 or maybe Imperial) every other year. One year he ordered his car...and he wanted it in primer, bcause he wanted it painted a Ford color. This was the early '60s.

glhcarl

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I think what happens sometimes is like Chris's dad walks in and wants a particular package, they search nearby dealers and one from outside of the CA emissions area shows up for the sale. Dealers buy and sell all the time.
You could not do that. Back in the 60's and 70's all cars sold in California required factory "California Emissions Testing" which was available "only on cars to be sold in California".

You could not bring a car in from another state and sell it in California. The car had to be sold and registered in the other state then brought in to California as a used car!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
glhcarl said:
69hemibeep said:
You could not do that. Back in the 60's and 70's all cars sold in California required factory "California Emissions Testing" which was available "only on cars to be sold in California".

You could not bring a car in from another state and sell it in California. The car had to be sold and registered in the other state then brought in to California as a used car!
Carl I realize that's how it was supposed to work yet he got exhaust tips which was in violation of CA law.$hit happens. And at that time there was very little emissions equipment on the cars even in CA :huh: Given that the exhaust tips were probably a factory snafu. A friend of mine has a 75 Jeep that he bought new has a regular fuel neck and no Unleaded tagging on the vehicle, the guy goes through absolute hell every year he has it tested for emissions they claim he tampered with the vehicle.

droptop

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
A friend of mine has a 75 Jeep that he bought new has a regular fuel neck and no Unleaded tagging on the vehicle, the guy goes through absolute hell every year he has it tested for emissions they claim he tampered with the vehicle.

My '75 RR has no converter, no small neck in the fuel filler, and nothing on the gas gauge that states UNLEADED FUEL ONLY. It was ordered and sold before 1/1/1975. It is a true dual exhaust car that "does not exist"

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

His car was a special order car that he ordered from Glendale Dodge.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
69hemibeep said:

Puts that thought to bed :yesnod: Was it emissions equipped and what did it consist of?

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparchris said:
69hemibeep said:

Puts that thought to bed :yesnod: Was it emissions equipped and what did it consist of?

I dont have any of that info. :facepalm:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Your not helping my cause any, I'm going to have to :worship: to Carl on this one :lol: :lol: :lol:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
roadrunnerh said:
I have a '68 Post Car and here's my original interior color.....

[attachment=0:noo4h5nc]100_0269.jpg[/attachment:noo4h5nc]
I love a red gut on the right car. Looks great. :thumbsup:

I just saw this compliment today, Thanks sixgunrunner68!

Back