• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATTENTION: Post Car owners

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
There's a local guy that has some really nice Mopars, mostly older stuff... but he has a 70 Challenger he bought new. The engine is a 340 and the pie tin says "383"... so... this guy keeps claiming it's a small block 383 and very rare. Like I say, this guy has some nice cars, all supposedly very rare "one of one's", and really... he is a nice guy.... but I don't think the elevator goes all the way to the top... if you know what I mean.

No doubt, the pie tin went on the wrong engine, either at the factory or at the dealership.... I wouldn't be suprised if there's a 383 Challenger that had a 340 pie tin....

glhcarl

Reaction score
Big John said:
There's a local guy that has some really nice Mopars, mostly older stuff... but he has a 70 Challenger he bought new. The engine is a 340 and the pie tin says "383"... so... this guy keeps claiming it's a small block 383 and very rare. Like I say, this guy has some nice cars, all supposedly very rare "one of one's", and really... he is a nice guy.... but I don't think the elevator goes all the way to the top... if you know what I mean.

No doubt, the pie tin went on the wrong engine, either at the factory or at the dealership.... I wouldn't be suprised if there's a 383 Challenger that had a 340 pie tin....
Dealers do some strange things. When I bought my GHL Omni there was a Shelby Charger parked next to it with the temporary spare tire on the right front. When I got the GLH home I found a flat full size tire on a pizza rim, in place of the temporary spare. I filled it with air and it never leaked, so I have no idea why they used the GLH temporary spare on the Charger but I ended up with five rims full size rims.

Zapa

Reaction score
Now wait didn't i read somewhere that post cars only came with burlap and inverted rear armrests? :huh:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yes this is actually quite true. it was a standard option for the manly post car owner that has the manly non power steering,no girlymatics,and no pussyfied cars with AC. :stuckup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
yes this is actually quite true. it was a standard option for the manly post car owner that has the manly non power steering,no girlymatics,and no pussyfied cars with AC. :stuckup:

Yeah, what he said... :thumbsup:

:jester:

Zapa

Reaction score
When Ma Mopar was creating her fleet she found that some of them needed sticks to hold their roof up. And the post car was born. And though they were "Special" and not like the other normal cars, she loved them just the same.

True story! :pot:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

Yeah, what he said... :thumbsup:

:basketcase: must still be under the influence of al those manly beverages from the Carlisle experence.......

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Men were in need of a car that could take abuse that wimpier cruiser type cars couldn't take.

Thus Mother Mopar unleashed post cars for those with a need for speed. Flimsy cars were still made for those with no such desires for speed.

A chrome strip was added for those with a need for speed and extra class. Some folks got it, some folks don't.

moparchris

Reaction score
Really?! Are we going to start on this one too? Its not bad enough we fight over colors but poor George is still running for the hills over the girliematic! :acme:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Really?! Are we going to start on this one too? Its not bad enough we fight over colors but poor is still running for the hills over the girliematic! :acme:

You worried that someone will spill the beans that the posts were intentionally cut out of your winged-wonder...??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

glhcarl

Reaction score
Zapa said:
Now wait didn't i read somewhere that post cars only came with burlap and inverted rear armrests? :huh:
If you didn't check the A87 block, your post car came with no arm rests in the rear seats! :banana:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:
Really?! Are we going to start on this one too? Its not bad enough we fight over colors but poor George is still running for the hills over the girliematic! :acme:

You worried that someone will spill the beans that Bambi is really a hardtop that someone painted on those posts...??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Like a steel trap i tell ya. :lol:

Zapa

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest I think we should be picking on Camaro's or something. I for one have NEVER said "I'm not buying that Roadrunner, Its a post car." :cheers:

Back