• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bringing it back to factory specs!

quikbird

Reaction score
My dad would never even dignify my first roadrunner by calling it a car. He was not impressed. It was a little too out there for him. He liked olds cutlasses. Didn't bother me, I still fell in love with them. Got him back though, when he had to ride with me up to the Porsche dealer to get a part for his 914. I admit nothing but it might be the time I blew up the fuel computer drag racing volkswagons with it. :adoration:

CombatMedic80

Reaction score
W
Well, its been a week since I posted last and here are some updated pics. Interior is all set to go back together and while I was at my job over the weekend, Dad got the door panels installed. Man, they look great! I'm really psyched to get the rest of it done now! Anyway, here are some more pics of the progress.

(Dad wanted to leave the protective film over the mylar to prevent any accidental scratching. This film will be removed once the car is finished!)

pass side door all back together!

View attachment 23509

View attachment 23510

View attachment 23511

View attachment 23512

freshening up the underside of the trunk lid. paint is still the factory applied paint as well as the factory applied jacking instruction decal! Also notice the edge closed to the camera which would be the rear most part of the trunk lid. Notice the lack of paint as the trunk was in the up position when it was painted causing a lack of paint to get to this rear most part. Also a lack of paint in the void where there was access holes for pot metal trunk finish panel and plymouth name. You can see where some surface rust started and the factory dark gray dip primer was where the exterior color did not get painted.

View attachment 23513

View attachment 23514

View attachment 23515

lots of factory runs! Also notice the bare mental area behind where the trunk latch was. Supposedly they bolted a prop rod / plate to this location to keep the trunk up while painting.

View attachment 23516

View attachment 23517

View attachment 23518

factory installed jacking decal! (seen better days!)

View attachment 23519

View attachment 23520

View attachment 23521

View attachment 23522

View attachment 23523

View attachment 23524

View attachment 23525

Almost a perfect outline of the trunk latch which had zero paint on it!

View attachment 23526

Factory typo on the trunk weather strip rail! Should read 9G, not G9!

View attachment 23527

View attachment 23528

All cleaned up from having some rust starting under the factory applied paint in the rain gutters!

View attachment 23529

Interior pieces which are down in Dad's basement waiting to be installed!

View attachment 23530

View attachment 23531

Restored factory console. Original molded colored plastic. Original chrome. Just reapplied the wood grain and repainted the black paint.

View attachment 23532

View attachment 23533

View attachment 23534
Where did you get the chrome trim that sits on top of the inside door panels... that connect the top of the panel to the door???

Back