• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlise 2012 head count and where are you staying

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Sounds like enough of us are bringing our cars, so are we going to try and get them parked together? Maybe we can talk to the people at Carlisle about reserving a spot for us. Frannie, are we gonna see you car this year?
thats a great idea........who"s setting it up??

Roadcuda

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
Roadcuda said:
Sounds like enough of us are bringing our cars, so are we going to try and get them parked together? Maybe we can talk to the people at Carlisle about reserving a spot for us. Frannie, are we gonna see you car this year?
thats a great idea........who"s setting it up??
Didn't someone here say they may look into getting a tent? Maybe that person would be willing to arrange it. We just need to know for sure how many of us are driving our cars to the show. We have some time yet to figure it out.

69B5

Reaction score
Yo Steve
I'll be there with the "Mystery Car"
As to a tent, when each of us signed up for the show field the last question was "Club Affiliation"
You had to fill this in with "The 69 Road Runner Regestry"
I don't know how many members of a club or regestry it takes but to my understanding if we have enough members attending, Carlisle Events will put up a tent for us.
If I can get a head count of everyone who filled in the club affilation, I'll check on the possability of
getting a tent from Carlisle Events
69B5

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69B5 said:
Yo Steve
I'll be there with the "Mystery Car"
As to a tent, when each of us signed up for the show field the last question was "Club Affiliation"
You had to fill this in with "The 69 Road Runner Regestry"
I don't know how many members of a club or regestry it takes but to my understanding if we have enough members attending, Carlisle Events will put up a tent for us.
If I can get a head count of everyone who filled in the club affilation, I'll check on the possability of
getting a tent from Carlisle Events
69B5
I think the magic number is 25, but I'm not sure if that is the number of people or cars. I had put something else down for my club, but I imagine I could change that.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I wrote to Carlisle Events about changing my club affiliation, and this is the response I got from
Barb Loy <BarbL@carlisleevents.com> I do not see that club listed. You will need to have an officer of the club call Ed Buczeskie, the event manager and have your club registered. 717-243-7855 ext 131

I'm not sure if we really need to do this if we are renting a tent and reserving that area for 3 or 4 cars? I recall that Harold rented a tent a few years ago, maybe he remembers if they asked if it was a club or how many cars were coming.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I followed up with another email to them explaining who we are and that we may rent a tent and will have some of our cars there, hopefully together, and they replied that we do need to have an officer of the club call Ed Buczeskie, the event manager and get registered. 717-243-7855 ext 131.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
roadrunnerh said:
My vote for Officer is Big John..... :popcorn:
is big john going??so steve ..we call this number to register?

From the sounds of it I think either John, or someone he appoints, will have to make the call.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap:
Patience grasshopper! :jester: We'll have wait for the big guy to chime in here and see how he wants to do it!!!!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
OK... I don't read every post here everyday.

I don't care who calls, just not me. I have too much on my plate. Whoever wants to volunteer, just PM me and I give you a title of my choosing.... which I expect you to use.... and you guys can do whatever.

If I show up.... and I may this year, I can't drink rum... It gives me a migraine.... Just so you know.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
droptop said:
Big John said:
OK......I can't drink rum... It gives me a migraine.... Just so you know.

If I recall correctly, I think that is called a hang over. :devil:

Beyond hangover..... Way, way beyond hangover pain.....

A31PKG

Reaction score
Making the call to Ed is not the issue, it's PAYING for the tent. If we had a treasury or some similar vehicle with a checking acct, then we could proceed. Since we're just a bunch of guys, we would need someone to front the $$ then collect from everyone at the event.............

My step Dad runs the tent company that rents to Carlisle Productions.... He may be able to get me a discount. Regardless, we will need a big banner with the logo for the tent. I think that "69 RoadRunner.Net" should be the name of the group?

As I recall, the space includes parking for about 10 cars. It would be nice to have it set up in the RoadRunner row.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I got an email in to my step dad to see if there's any input he can provide regarding economical procurement of a tent. Either way, I would have no problem calling Ed (I sold some Torque Thrusts to his brother a few years back) and getting the ball rolling, but I do not feel comfortable handling the $$ part of it. If someone else could do that, it would be cool...

Roadcuda

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
I got an email in to my step dad to see if there's any input he can provide regarding economical procurement of a tent. Either way, I would have no problem calling Ed (I sold some Torque Thrusts to his brother a few years back) and getting the ball rolling, but I do not feel comfortable handling the $$ part of it. If someone else could do that, it would be cool...

That would be great if your step dad can help in the cost of the tent. Once you get a price for that I'd be willing to put up the money for now, and we'll figure out the rest later. And I think you're right on what the name of the group should be.

Back