• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Sorry I didnt get to meet up with you guys at 4 but I was shot. My day started at about 5am when I left for the 3h drive in the rain. About 40 miles out in the dark I ran over something (still never found out what it was), but it as I was trying to find a spot to pull over my Low tire pressure dummy light came on..... Pulled over at a safe spot and could hear the air rushing our of the driverside rear tire. Within 2 min the tire was completely flat, changed to the spare (if you can call them spares anymore) in the light rain, and then headed back into town where I knew there were tire stores and shops. First store (Firestone) obviously doesnt sell Michelins and would only sell me 4 because its an AWD car. Not wanting to drop ~800 right there, never mind they didnt have in stock, I headed over to STS which would open in 45 min. Thankfuly STS still "repairs" tires, the pulled the tire off, patched from the inside, and checked my front just to make sure, and I was leaving the lot at ~8am.
Drove through pouring rain for about 2 1/2 hours, and then it stopped about 30 miles out. Made it to Carlisle at about 11am.
Headed over to Mac's spot to meet up with Rick to pick up the bench seat. I wanted to get it early so Rick had some more spending money, and so in case it started to rain I wouldnt be brining a water logged seat home with me. Got the seat from Rick, but Mac or no one else from the site was there so I lugged the bench back loaded it up and went back in the show. Walked most of the vendor area and picked up a air vent box for the driver side, and the strange item of the day with a side story.
The bottom of my back seat has a broken piece where it clips into the floor (Not really repairable), well now that I got the bench and will be redoing the interior, I figured I should try and find a rear bottom, since they aren’t that expensive and I wouldn’t want to pay to ship one so a show like this is the place to find one. Most ones I saw were only sold as a set until almost the last row I see a bottom by itself. I get closer and it looks very much like the bench I got from Rick, same color, as I get closer its identical, had to be from the same car. Same fade, color, wear, etc. Turns out the guy bought it a few years ago from Carlisle and ended up not using it. So I picked that up too, pretty funny to reunite the seats, must have been fate.
I finished up the swap area, and headed over to the show area to check out the 69s and then to the Survivor tent, in the hopes of seeing a 69 RR survivor to snap some pictures, and sure enough there was a 69 RM21, so I got spoke with the owner and got some good pics for my upcoming interior work. Now it was about 2:30 or so. Went over to the Retro dealer, and checked some of those cars and was pretty much done with what I wanted to do, and my feet were killing me. So I decided to head out and make it home for dinner, since if sat down anywhere I wasn’t going to get back up.
Maybe next year my trip will go smoother and I’ll get to meet up with everyone one. Hope everyone made/makes it home safe….
Bob

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Sounds like you got what you were after. :beep: I never thought about an AWD and the tires matching

dobie

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
dobie said:
Basketcase said:
I thought one of Maury's Security Guards looked fimilar too......

:devil:

that didn't take too long........ :jester: find any good deals Steve?

Not really, but I wasn't looking for much either. I bought a patch panel for the rear window area and another sending unit. We'll see what this one does.

I have a ton of pics, but earlier last week i wasn't able to post anything on photobucket from my main computer. I was only able to use my laptop. Now, when I got in last night I discovered my router took a dump, so I can't use the laptop. What a mess.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I had a good day there. I had spent Friday in Scranton Pa, and stayed in Wiles Barre that night. I couldn't sleep so I was on the road by 3.30 am going through several down pours along the way. It could have been the same stuff Bob hit on his way. It had stopped raining by the time I got there at about 5.30 so I took a nice nap. It sprinkled a bit early but was mostly overcast all day. It was still humid but a breeze all day kept it somewhat comfortable. I met Mac early to say hi, then I found some new floor mats for the RR, and some nice stickers including the one we've been talking about lately. The other things were for the Barracuda. I finally found the correct air cleaner base for the Carter carb, and I decided to get new tail bezels for the Cuda. I did get to meet a number of the guys, Gary has the group photo BTY, so I won't mention who was there 'cause I know I will forget someone. But it was a great time meeting everyone, and we did get to see the mystery car!!!!! Fran, that is a great lookin' car you have there! :thumbsup: I'll let him post the pics of that! I was back on the road by 5.30 and got home about 10.30 last night. I'm still tired as I write this, but it was well worth it!

mcmopar

Reaction score
Those floor mats are great - got a set of those a few years back. I use Westley's Bleche White to keep them looking good.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I think I was looking at the same ones on e-bay, good looking mats :yesnod:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Those floor mats are great - got a set of those a few years back. I use Westley's Bleche White to keep them looking good.
I'll have to write that down, I was thinking that it may be a pain to keep it clean. Thanks John!! :thumbsup:

coyotekiller

Reaction score
I got back a couple of hours ago not a good trip back I rear ended someone on the Jersey turnpike. That is not the way to end a good weekend. Anyway it was good to meet the guys that showed up. To bad someone has a ford truck and not a Dodge or he would have been there. :devil: :acme: I picked up a couple of things this weekend I bought a dual quad set up , trunk pan, window regulators and a heater box. I got everything I needed to get this year.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
I got back a couple of hours ago not a good trip back I rear ended someone on the Jersey turnpike. That is not the way to end a good weekend. Anyway it was good to meet the guys that showed up. To bad someone has a ford truck and not a Dodge or he would have been there. :devil: :acme: I picked up a couple of things this weekend I bought a dual quad set up , trunk pan, window regulators and a heater box. I got everything I needed to get this year.
Um what were you driving :popcorn:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Hey! I had my Ford truck and I was there!

69B5

Reaction score
I'm glad your OK
Your right, thats not a good way to end a great weekend
It was great meeting you at Carlisle
I hope next year that I may have more time to spend with you guys and gals.
For any of newer members, these guys are first class and a lot of fun.
69B5

Back