• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine runs like crap........

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":isjn3d4i][quote="Hoosier Bird":isjn3d4i]Got the hardened seats in. I'm going to pick the heads up in the morning. I have a set of the mopar performance porting tools. I'm going to measure them up and draw a solid model of the finished product and run them on my cnc mill before he finishes the valve job. I may screw them up but we shall see. If it works out though it will work with any cast iron big block wedge head.......... :thumbsup:

Hmmmm....[/quote:isjn3d4i]

Okay...I'll bite... What are you Hmmmming about...??? Your heads about to make a trip over to Indiana...???

:jester:[/quote:isjn3d4i]

Well... I still can't decide what way I want to go with my engine... but the heads are part of the equation.

There's no one around here that I would have do any port work.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
383 Piston selection really sucks........ :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Summit has the KB hypers for about $325... Speed Pro forged units run $400... Both of those for flat tops...

A custom set of Wisecos usually run about $600...they'll make whatever you want...

Just depends on what you want to spend...

:jester:
Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":36uqkff4]383 Piston selection really sucks........ :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Summit has the KB hypers for about $325... Speed Pro forged units run $400... Both of those for flat tops...

A custom set of Wisecos usually run about $600...they'll make whatever you want...

Ray[/quote:36uqkff4]
Ray when was the last time you priced custom pistons? I bet its closer to $1200 thats why I whent KB in my AMC :eek:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":1c2vc48a]383 Piston selection really sucks........ :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Ray[/quote:1c2vc48a]
I found those pistons. I may have to buy a set of the flat tops and change my cam to around 250 duration to keep my dynamic compression at about 8. Or I could go with the -6cc dome with about 270 duration. I guess I'll get my heads done first and see where that leads me. I hate to give up any compression. :popcorn:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":1jccre27]383 Piston selection really sucks........ :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Ray
Ray when was the last time you priced custom pistons? I bet its closer to $1200 thats why I whent KB in my AMC :eek:[/quote:1jccre27]

If I had to I would get them through my buddy Jack - who probably gets some kind of volume discount - but the last set of TRULY CUSTOM WISECOS that I bought was probably about 8 years ago. God, time flies... My aluminum-headed 340 that is just sitting on the stand waiting for me to shove it in the green Duster is .045" over. I told him to overbore it just enough to clean up the walls...hence the custom size...maybe the price has gone up a bit...don't know...but I doubt that it doubled...

You were probably getting the "AMC Volume Discount" too... :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

Ray[/quote]
Ray when was the last time you priced custom pistons? I bet its closer to $1200 thats why I whent KB in my AMC :eek:[/quote]

If I had to I would get them through my buddy Jack - who probably gets some kind of volume discount - but the last set of TRULY CUSTOM WISECOS that I bought was probably about 8 years ago. God, time flies... My aluminum-headed 340 that is just sitting on the stand waiting for me to shove it in the green Duster is .045" over. I told him to overbore it just enough to clean up the walls...hence the custom size...maybe the price has gone up a bit...don't know...but I doubt that it doubled...

You were probably getting the "AMC Volume Discount" too... :lmao:

:jester:[/quote]
A year ago when I was doing the sand jeep build I priced 12.5:1 Wisecos at $600, and in August when I went to order they had doubled. Now thats when materials had gone through the roof, but I havent seen prices of any other goods come down since!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Gary:

Just got off of the phone with my buddy Jack. I found out one more piece to the puzzle so to speak... He is a stocking distributor for Wiseco... :yesnod: I did not know this...

If you need a custom set of slugs once everything else is said and done, he can get you a custom set of Wisecos made for $80 - $85 per piston. <$700 a set...

So there you go... Just keep me posted...and don't ever threaten to shoot Bambi with a bow & arrow again... :lol:

Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Gary:

Just got off of the phone with my buddy Jack. I found out one more piece to the puzzle so to speak... He is a stocking distributor for Wiseco... :yesnod: I did not know this...

If you need a custom set of slugs once everything else is said and done, he can get you a custom set of Wisecos made for $80 - $85 per piston. <$700 a set...

So there you go... Just keep me posted...and don't ever threaten to shoot Bambi with a bow & arrow again... :lol:

Ray
Just got off the phone with my guy and those same AMC slugs have plummeted down to $900 :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Just got off the phone with my guy and those same AMC slugs have plummeted down to $900 :lol:

I can get you a set for $895... It's the "Special Blues Brothers' Pricing"...:lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

I can get you a set for $895... It's the "Special Blues Brothers' Pricing"...:lmao:

Your so good to me :rolleyes:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Your so good to me :rolleyes:

Anything for my B5 Brother...:lol:

Okay. I'll hook you up when you start building the 422" stroker small block for your Duster... :D

:banana: :banana: :banana:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:jester:[/quote]
Your so good to me :rolleyes:[/quote]

Anything for my B5 Brother...:lol:

Okay. I'll hook you up when you start building the 422" stroker small block for your Duster... :D

:banana: :banana: :banana:[/quote]
I talked to the guy and said to get in line but its not for sale anyway :popcorn:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Doesn't run like crap now....... :banana: :party: :banana: :party: :banana: :party: :banana: :party: :banana: :party: :banana: :party: :banana: :party: :banana: :party: ...

Back