• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Est. for bodywork

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
The one for 31,000 is body and paint. No interior work. I would have to pull the motor, Trans, exhaust, and interior
forgetaboutit....the guys aa crook

John69RR

Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
The one for 31,000 is body and paint. No interior work. I would have to pull the motor, Trans, exhaust, and interior

:crazy: Way overpried. Sounds like he does not want to do the job. Its tough trying to find a reputable shop that is not totally interested in the quick insurance jobs. Thats just their way to discourage you.

V269

Reaction score
John69RR said:
coyotekiller said:

:crazy: Way overpried. Sounds like he does not want to do the job. Its tough trying to find a reputable shop that is not totally interested in the quick insurance jobs. Thats just their way to discourage you.
:yeathat: :yesnod:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
do you know anyone who is friends with a body guy that wants to make money on the side......thats what i did.....we painted mine in my garage

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
do you know anyone who is friends with a body guy that wants to make money on the side......thats what i did.....we painted mine in my garage

So he was painting someone else's '69 RR at the same time and you guys got the grills mixed up when it came time to put them back together...? :acme:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:jester:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
both rear quarters a roof and a door skin and the trunk drop offs. then paint the whole car B5 Blue

No wonder the $31,000 :jester: :acme: :acme:

That RR in hemmings really jacked up the cost of that B5 Blue color :lol: :acme:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
abodybill said:
coyotekiller said:
both rear quarters a roof and a door skin and the trunk drop offs. then paint the whole car B5 Blue

No wonder the $31,000 :jester: :acme: :acme:

That RR in hemmings really jacked up the cost of that B5 Blue color :lol: :acme:
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: P.P.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
thats what i did.....we painted mine in my garage

who you kiddin? nobody gets close enough to your car to tell how good the paint is....they either stand back 50 feet so they don't get sucked in the bird catcher, or they can't see it for the tire smoke! :acme:

George\'s%20Runner%203.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and for that kinda $$ you can build a garage, buy a bunch of tools, take some classes, and work on yours and other cars.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
and for that kinda $$ you can build a garage, buy a bunch of tools, take some classes, and work on yours and other cars.
its funny you say this.....back when i was going to get my car dome over a body shop gave me a price of 5500.....waited 4 months to get my car in the shop and one week went by......guy calls me and says he made a mistake.....new price was between 85-9500.....went right over and brought my car home.......i was pissed.....so i went out and bought all the body tools and compressor and started doing the car myself......got to the point of putting the bondo on....sanding it off.......i didnt know what the hell i was doing.....found this body guy and we did a deal

no ray...there was only one rr being done and you know i never like the look of the 68 grill and bezels........i am a wanna be 69 1/2 guy :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

my paint isnt perfect....the guy shot some water in the clear and never wet sanded out....but good enough....

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
my paint isnt perfect....the guy shot some water in the clear and never wet sanded out....but good enough....

Few of them ever are perfect except for the handul of cars going after the Ridler Award every year...every car owner worth a damn knows his car's weak points and frets over them when most casual observers are oblivious to their existence. Your car looks great and is a beast to boot. And best of all you DRIVE yours... :cheers:

Mr. Fuzzy Bunny

Thought I'd beat ole HemiBeep to the punch... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
george68hemirr said:

Few of them ever are perfect except for the handul of cars going after the Ridler Award every year...every car owner worth a damn knows his car's weak points and frets over them when most casual observers are oblivious to their existence. Your car looks great and is a beast to boot. And best of all you DRIVE yours... :cheers:

Mr. Fuzzy Bunny

Thought I'd beat ole HemiBeep to the punch... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Oh Ray :rimshot: And don't let Uncle Georgie pull the wool over your eyes, Ive seen the paint and its nice :thumbsup: Mr Fuzzy Bunny the 2nd :lol:

Back