• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Est. for bodywork

coyotekiller

Reaction score
Well I just looked at the orange car and I'm not getting it. There was just too much bondo on the car

Roadcuda

Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
Well I just looked at the orange car and I'm not getting it. There was just too much bondo on the car
Sounds like a good move Vinny! Keep looking, I'm sure there will be something good out there. You still have yours to drive so don't rush into it! You'll find the right one soon enough.

chapdog105

Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
Strike 2 today

Bummer Vinnie....

It's such a weird market with these old Mopars.
The good ones are really really really expensive, and the ones need a little work are really really expensive, and the total shitboxes are just really expensive. :lol:

It seems that anything out there in the $10k to $20k is going to need some decent cash thrown at it. The $30k ones are usually turn key. Makes me think it may just be worth spending $30k on right off the bat, as opposed to buying one for $15k then having to throw another $15k at it.

coyotekiller

Reaction score
Yeah this trip is making me think twice about getting another car. I think I'll fix mine at least I know what I have

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
after I lost my last one in the fire, I hit the auto traders, e bay, moparts, saw alot of overpriced junk. $16,000+, needing alot of work. I was narrowing things down to one in Indiana, needed all new interior, gas tank, a little 1/4 work, and alot of TLC. $8000 IIRC. was a girlymatic column shifted 383 car. BUT, it was wearing fadded original paint, and no surprises under bondo. I stumbled onto the one I have now.rebuilt 383 ,all new interior, solid frame, good floors, sheetmetal good except for the 1/4s, for $9000. They are out there Vinney. Take your time, look for the right car for the $ you want to spend. I'd take faded original paint anyday over shinney new, you never know what is under it, or if it was done right. Or, fix what you have.(my vote) you know it's needs. and there are other shops that don't want an arm and a leg. or talk to the guys at the shops.. there is alway a bodyman doing side work. for a lot less. this has worked great for me over the years.
or get thar car down here, and my buddy will take care of it.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
The more I hear these stories the more I feel so lucky that I found my car needing no body work and only relatively small mechanical issues to sort out. Even though that was 7 years ago now, i still think that there other cars out there like that. So unless you can get a better price to fix what you have now, I'm sure if you keep looking you'll find something that you can just get in and drive. The Northeast car season is winding down Vinny so you've got a good 5 or 6 months to look.

chapdog105

Reaction score
I'm actually going to look at a local 69' RR tomorrow with my brother. He currently has a 71 Satellite that has been cloned into a pretty cool GTX driver. It's been in the background of a few of my pics.
My brother has finally seen the light, and wants a 68-70 Roadrunner or GTX. He really wants to clone a 70 into Superbird, but I don't think he realizes the amount of work involved...
So he got a lead on a black 69 Roadrunner, numbers matching 383, with white interior. Supposedly the owner has owned it since 85, and the car has sat in a garage since the mid-90's. It needs quarters, but I think it's going to need a lot more.
The guy wants $12k for it, but my brother's lead on the deal says he'll take around $10k.
I hope it's a decent car. We're only going about 30 miles to check it out, so it's worth the time.
The goal is move his 71 quickly (he has a buyer lined up), and add a little cash to get into this 69 RR if it's the car we've been told it is.
We'll see tomorrow....

Back