• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

few new pics

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
You are going to have one kick-ass road runner when you are done! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

One little thing bothers me though (and I have one on my car too).....
Lose that ribbed upper Rad hose...... :facepalm:

solid gold

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
You are going to have one kick-ass road runner when you are done! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

One little thing bothers me though (and I have one on my car too).....
Lose that ribbed upper Rad hose...... :facepalm:
I got another script hose today in the mail. The first one was mis-marked( didn't fit-had to send it back). We were ready to start it up last week ,so I bought a cheapy. A 1000.00 radiator ( Glen - Ray) ( 3-Core Max Cooling) deserves better than that! :yesnod: I've always had a plan! :yesnod:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Ya know, years ago (at least 10) I set out to replace that hideous ribbed hose in my engine compartment.
I ordered a hose from Year One. According to YO, it was supposed to be the correct hose for a 1968 Road Runner 383 22"rad car - which my car is. I know I have the original correct Rad, and I was frustrated that this hose did not fit! I sent it back after trying to make it fit and look right.
So, I have been running the ribbed one ever since (and hating the look), thinking that someday the correct hose will be reproduced.

I'm glad you weren't offended by my criticism. You car looks GREAT! :beep:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
oh, almost forgot....good job on the blackout. That is a pet peeve of mine. I don't like to see body color through the grill. It was meant to be blacked out, unless it was a true dark color originally....

solid gold

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Ya know, years ago (at least 10) I set out to replace that hideous ribbed hose in my engine compartment.
I ordered a hose from Year One. According to YO, it was supposed to be the correct hose for a 1968 Road Runner 383 22"rad car - which my car is. I know I have the original correct Rad, and I was frustrated that this hose did not fit! I sent it back after trying to make it fit and look right.
So, I have been running the ribbed one ever since (and hating the look), thinking that someday the correct hose will be reproduced.

I'll let you know if script hose #2 works! That 42095 is a vendor #( notice hose#1 is different.) All the pics I've seen of stock engine compartments show this 42095 # on the upper hose fitting correctly.Those two hoses are not the same! I had one guy tell me about my dented and dimpled oil pan(during the build). I had to replace that and then it needed a new oil pick-up tube , gaskets, etc. 250.00 . He was right, it did look like sh**. :yesnod: You are not the 1st person with that pet peeve about seeing that body color thru the grill!! Some things just got to be right!!

solid gold

Reaction score
solid gold said:
roadrunnerh said:

I'll let you know if script hose #2 works! That 42095 is a vendor #( notice hose#1 is different.) All the pics I've seen of stock engine compartments show this 42095 # on the upper hose fitting correctly.Those two hoses are not the same! I had one guy tell me about my dented and dimpled oil pan(during the build). I had to replace that and then it needed a new oil pick-up tube , gaskets, etc. 250.00 . He was right, it did look like sh**. :yesnod: You are not the 1st person with that pet peeve about seeing that body color thru the grill!! Some things just got to be right!!
Here's what i'm talkin' about!! (Oil Pan)

solid gold

Reaction score
Thanks Alot. Put those Spinners on, they should start-up some controversy!! :yesnod: Just got to be different! :yesnod: You don't need no any wheel-locks, that's for sure!!

solid gold

Reaction score
solid gold said:
Thanks Alot. Put those Spinners on, they should start-up some controversy!! :yesnod: Just got to be different! :yesnod: You don't need no any wheel-locks, that's for sure!!
Some pics of the hood. Organsol black tomorrow! Sorry, another vote for dull! :thumbsup:

solid gold

Reaction score
solid gold said:
[quote="solid gold":2p99rsem]Thanks Alot. Put those Spinners on, they should start-up some controversy!! :yesnod: Just got to be different! :yesnod: You don't need no any wheel-locks, that's for sure!!
Some pics of the hood.[/quote:2p99rsem]
A shot of the side with those Spinners! Punch-list on windshield. That's an old Plymouth behind me, crashed the front-end! :eek: ( In for a fix!)

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
GAWD that things beautiful!!! If I put my punch list on my windshiled, it'd be there for a looong time.
The spinners don't look bad. Hoosier had a set on his when he got it.

Back