• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally bought myself a 69 Roadrunner project. My dream car.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Re: Finally bought myself a 69 Roadrunner project. My dream

They don't repop deck lids yet so save it or find another :yesnod:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score

stevo....keep up the good work.....shes coming along

stevo427

Reaction score

Basketcase said:
someone had a spoiler mounted on that trunk lid. as far as being saved, I'm not a body man, back here we deal with rust, out there you get the dents.
Well I was told the car was used as a street/strip car way back. Spoiler huh. Wonder what kind haha

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

probably one of these

1970_plymouth_road_runner-pic-54467.jpeg

moparchris

Reaction score

Sweet Road Runner!! Congrats on a life long dream come true!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

moparchris said:

hey Chris...there's some guy with a roofless green thingy looking for you... :basketcase:

moparchris

Reaction score

Basketcase said:
moparchris said:

hey Chris...there's some guy with a roofless green thingy looking for you... :basketcase:

No thanks. Haha.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

Chris you might want to look at page one, something looks familiar or I'm loosing it :crazy:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score

Welcome to the site and congrats on the Road Runner score.
I see you are jumping right in! Nice progress.

moparchris

Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
Chris you might want to look at page one, something looks familiar or I'm loosing it :crazy:
You're loosing it. :acme:

I did own that car now that I look at it closely.

stevo427

Reaction score

moparchris said:
69hemibeep said:
You're loosing it. :acme:

I did own that car now that I look at it closely.
My car? Really ?

stevo427

Reaction score

That's crazy I found some of your old threads. You wouldn't by chance have those original black plates that go to the car still would you?? Any information on the car or anything I might not know. ..Why'd you get rid of it?

moparchris

Reaction score

stevo427 said:
That's crazy I found some of your old threads. You wouldn't by chance have those original black plates that go to the car still would you?? Any information on the car or anything I might not know. ..Why'd you get rid of it?

Okay here is the story. I bought it from the brother of the owner of Surf City Garage car care products. I found it on Craigslist. The owner of Surf City bought it and parted it out to fix another car in his massive collection. According to his brother (the guy I bought it off of) it was given to him by his brother to discard and keep the money. It had no title and the brother promised me a title. Alright so he never got it for me. I attempted to get it from Tim (surf city garage) and they could not find it and told me they had a title for it but never put it in their name because it was a parts car. So off to the DMV service and we ran the plates. Turns out that the black plate on it did not belong to the car. It was still registered non-op from 1983 (!) to a lady in Torrance and I sent her a certified letter with a bill of sale for her to sign. If I did not get a response from her in 2 weeks I could get a new title. She did not respond. I became the registered owner and it is now currently registered. A few months ago I recieved another Road Runner in a trade and it was in way better condition so we decided to sell your car to Alpine Trading through an ebay auction. He picked it up a few days before you popped in here. So I dont really have much for you other than I thought it was a hi performance axle car because of the big radiator opening. Turns out the radiator support has been replaced. Thats about it.

stevo427

Reaction score

moparchris said:
stevo427 said:

Okay here is the story. I bought it from the brother of the owner of Surf City Garage car care products. I found it on Craigslist. The owner of Surf City bought it and parted it out to fix another car in his massive collection. According to his brother (the guy I bought it off of) it was given to him by his brother to discard and keep the money. It had no title and the brother promised me a title. Alright so he never got it for me. I attempted to get it from Tim (surf city garage) and they could not find it and told me they had a title for it but never put it in their name because it was a parts car. So off to the DMV service and we ran the plates. Turns out that the black plate on it did not belong to the car. It was still registered non-op from 1983 (!) to a lady in Torrance and I sent her a certified letter with a bill of sale for her to sign. If I did not get a response from her in 2 weeks I could get a new title. She did not respond. I became the registered owner and it is now currently registered. A few months ago I recieved another Road Runner in a trade and it was in way better condition so we decided to sell your car to Alpine Trading through an ebay auction. He picked it up a few days before you popped in here. So I dont really have much for you other than I thought it was a hi performance axle car because of the big radiator opening. Turns out the radiator support has been replaced. Thats about it.
Still kinda cool to get a little bit more of a background on it. So thanks. Makes me wonder what they parted out on the car since it's relatively complete. Actually got it registered in my name the other day.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

Sounds like the brother saved it from the crusher and its at home now. What a nice story :grouphug:

Back