• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Update

zupanj

Reaction score
Aurrrgh! I just tried to see how the radiator fits and ran into another issue. The center to center distance between the radiator bolts is 24 5/8 inches and the center to center distance between the radiator mount holes is 24 1/4 inches. Wouldn't you just know it. I bought the radiator from US Radiator out of California. I chose them because they put baffles in the tanks to make a triple flow radiator. I figured this would keep the engine cool even with a 22 inch radiator. I hope they don't give me too much grief. I bought it in May but just tried to install it today. Other than fit it is a nice piece.

Jack

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jack the stock carb linkage is going to fall way short. The center is threaded in opposite directions like a turn buckle, you might find a way to extend one! :beep:

zupanj

Reaction score
George,

I'm really impressed with the tti system. I was surprised at how easy it went together and how well everything fit. I didn't need any help except for a moment when I had my stepson help me lift the front part of the system to bolt up the reducers. It was too heavy to handle with one hand. This is really heavy duty stuff. Other than that it was a piece of cake.

Jack

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
zupanj said:
George,

I'm really impressed with the tti system. I was surprised at how easy it went together and how well everything fit. I didn't need any help except for a moment when I had my stepson help me lift the front part of the system to bolt up the reducers. It was too heavy to handle with one hand. This is really heavy duty stuff. Other than that it was a piece of cake.

Jack
its pricey but really worth it for the quality and ease of putting it together and lasts for years instead of some cheap crap....i wouldnt steer you wrong ,jack :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

zupanj

Reaction score
Well I spoke to US Radiator a couple of times. I got the impression they had this issue with Mopars before, like there may be several different brackets used for no apparent reason. Anyway they are sending me a couple of brackets and I will had a local shop change them out. The only issue is this will delay me by a couple of weeks. I'm so close now that I'm getting itchy. I should have test fit the radiator two months ago but it never occurred to me that it wouldn't fit.

Jack

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
zupanj said:
Well I spoke to US Radiator a couple of times. I got the impression they had this issue with Mopars before, like there may be several different brackets used for no apparent reason. Anyway they are sending me a couple of brackets and I will had a local shop change them out. The only issue is this will delay me by a couple of weeks. I'm so close now that I'm getting itchy. I should have test fit the radiator two months ago but it never occurred to me that it wouldn't fit.

Jack
you cant just go to home depot and pick up some aluminum angle and fab it yourself??

zupanj

Reaction score
Sure I could put something together but that is not what I want on this car. I've been at this a while so another week won't kill me.

Jack

zupanj

Reaction score
I am making progress. Everything is put together now except for the radiator. I had to grind a bit off of the battery tray to get it to clear those humongous valve covers. That went pretty well. I had visions of installing a rear battery setup for a while. Should have the cooling taken care of this week and will fire it up. Oh boy! I can't wait.

Jack
P1010516.jpg
P1010517.jpg
P1010518.jpg

zupanj

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the heater nipples. I am not sure if I can hook that up.
P1010519.jpg

zupanj

Reaction score
I willl try to provide a video if I can. I am coming up to my greatest fear, that after all this work the engine won't start and there is something wrong with it. I don't think this is rational but it's been in the back of my mind from the beginning of the project.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
zupanj said:
I willl try to provide a video if I can. I am coming up to my greatest fear, that after all this work the engine won't start and there is something wrong with it. I don't think this is rational but it's been in the back of my mind from the beginning of the project.
Same thing in the back of my mind. I keep wondering if I torqued all the mains and rod caps.......... :brickwall: I'm sure all will go well on both projects. Yours looks awesome, by the way. Are your valve covers bigger than stock? I sure think your heater will be a no go.........good luck........ :thumbsup:

Back