• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's Do It; a Favorite Year RR List Thread...

Roof man

I'm putting on a sticker that going to say these s
Reaction score
69 because I have one and its my first Mopar
70 love the new body style colors and the addition of a wing
71 staring to grow on me
72 and later no love.

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Sorry for breaking the rules, at least I did not mention any other car line other than Dodge. Fact is back in 1985 I was originally going to buy a 70 super bee. The guy who had the car sold it out from under me. When I arrived to pay him for the car he told me he had sold it just an hour earlier. However, his younger brother had a car (MOPAR) that he want to sell. I went to look at it and fell in love with the lines. I handed him the cash, trailer the car, and brought home my first Road Runner. From then I was bitten, never really paid too much attention to the 68 or newer Road Runners. I acknowledge them when I see them but it is the 69 I favor.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Sorry for breaking the rules, at least I did not mention any other car line other than Dodge. Fact is back in 1985 I was originally going to buy a 70 super bee. The guy who had the car sold it out from under me. When I arrived to pay him for the car he told me he had sold it just an hour earlier. However, his younger brother had a car (MOPAR) that he want to sell. I went to look at it and fell in love with the lines. I handed him the cash, trailer the car, and brought home my first Road Runner. From then I was bitten, never really paid too much attention to the 68 or newer Road Runners. I acknowledge them when I see them but it is the 69 I favor.

Just having a little fun, the rules are so strict on here :lol: Some interesting choices though

tallhair

Reaction score
  1. 70 for many reasons stated above. Colors, options, A/G, Tic-Toc/Rallye dash, Pistol Grip, shape of bulge hood, esp with the hood insert turn signals and I like the bumpers, front turn signals grill and tail lights FE5
  2. 69 overall great looking car and loved the Air Grabber hood with the mesh openings .. would love to have an A4 4 speed like my father had
  3. 68 close tie for me and my favorite distinctions over 69 is round side markers and I love the tail lights with or w/o the finish panel but like the decor over non-decor group on the coupes. I'd like an LL1 seafoam
  4. 71 Beautiful new body and interior FE5 or Sassy grass, or any color really
  5. 72 same beautiful new body plus I really like the grill FE5 or Sassy grass, or any color really

68 and 69 are close heat and almost a tie. I would love to own a 71 or 72 "someday" :)

My old hulk 70 Road Roaster will look similar to this FE5 black vinyl top version some day .. God willing and if the creek don't rise
1970-Plymouth-Road-Runner_241185_low_res.jpg

peresvet24

Reaction score
68-69 like its angular shape of the body, look very brutal:taz:.

69 convertible:rules: is great interest to me as a very beautiful and little production version.

70 only if it is wing cars:drive:.

71-72-75 I do not like:ack::facepalm:

and now I think you're ready to shoot me:D since I like to 73-74 when not seen this with my eyes but the picture looks nice to me:beep::jester:.

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
68 1st because it was the beginning... 69 2nd because it looks allot like the 68 with more options & the A12 was available mid year... 70 3rd because you could get almost all the options in that year... 71 & 72 4th great body style, mainly loved them because of Richard Petty... not to fond of any years after that, they're just not my style, like to look at them, respect them, just not own them...

Back