• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopars at the strip

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparchris said:
Hey Bob, how is it I am not surprised you took home a Best Of award! I have had a good weekend at home working 12 hour days to finish up some projects to keep my mind off the fact that I couldn't go. Took the trans out of the motorhome and found a broken input shaft! Ouch! Anyways it sounds you kids had a great time, I wish I was there. theres always next year!

As a side note Dana Point is about 10 miles from my house so let me know if your coming. Congrats again you deserve it!
Chris, if I can come up with an enclosed trailer and a secure place or RV park near by I may just pull this off. Too many people have told me its a once in a lifetime thing don't pass it up.

Coincidentally, I think I have a business trip out to SoCal that week, Bob. What are the dates again...???!!! :lmao:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
moparchris said:
Hey Bob, how is it I am not surprised you took home a Best Of award! I have had a good weekend at home working 12 hour days to finish up some projects to keep my mind off the fact that I couldn't go. Took the trans out of the motorhome and found a broken input shaft! Ouch! Anyways it sounds you kids had a great time, I wish I was there. theres always next year!

As a side note Dana Point is about 10 miles from my house so let me know if your coming. Congrats again you deserve it!
Chris, if I can come up with an enclosed trailer and a secure place or RV park near by I may just pull this off. Too many people have told me its a once in a lifetime thing don't pass it up.

Coincidentally, I think I have a business trip out to SoCal that week, Bob. What are the dates again...???!!! :lmao:

June 27th Its a one day event :wedgie:

moparchris

Reaction score
Bob, there is a couple of places near by but might be tough to get a reservation. One is Newport Dunes which is a 10 mile ride down Pacific Coast Highway and the other is San Clemente beach. I can clear a space either at my house or at the shop if you need covered storage for the Runner. I will look around for more RV options.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Bob, there is a couple of places near by but might be tough to get a reservation. One is Newport Dunes which is a 10 mile ride down Pacific Coast Highway and the other is San Clemente beach. I can clear a space either at my house or at the shop if you need covered storage for the Runner. I will look around for more RV options.
Thanks Chris. Right now I'm looking at rv parks near Van Nuy's for spring fling. Are you going?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:

I just read that Don "The Snake" Prudhomme will be the Honorary Chairman for the event this year. His recently restored yellow 'Cuda Hot Wheels Funny Car and Dodge Car Hauler will also be featured. Looks like the automotive planets are aligning for you, Bob...

Knock it off with the internet wedgies...I'm starting to chafe... :lol:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="ACME A12":3min4uo3]Coincidentally, I think I have a business trip out to SoCal that week, Bob. What are the dates again...???!!! :lmao:

I just read that Don "The Snake" Prudhomme will be the Honorary Chairman for the event this year. His recently restored yellow 'Cuda Hot Wheels Funny Car and Dodge Car Hauler will also be featured. Looks like the automotive planets are aligning for you, Bob...

Knock it off with the internet wedgies...I'm starting to chafe... :lol:

:jester:[/quote:3min4uo3]
:jester: :wedgie: :wedgie: :wedgie: :wedgie: :wedgie: :wedgie: :wedgie: :wedgie: :leg: how does your leg feel :acme:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
. Dave here is the gift Ray was talking about and then Ill go down to another post to continue. And thanks for the nice words Ray[/quote]

:basketcase: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[

I'd love to meet Snake and see his car and truck!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
So come Sunday after the ACMEies and Hemibeeps stuffed the ballot box with four votes for # 329 :lol: I come to find out green ballots were for none participants which was ok we were a 50-50 split anyway, the awards were handed out. 3-2-1 no award but I didn't really expect one in the field of beauties my car was hiding in. At the end they handed out best of A-B-C and E bodies WooHoo :party:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: well deserved Bob :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
for all you mod top haters :jester: :jester: :jester:

I love it , if only i could get that stuff in convertible material .

I like it too. Mrs. ACME thought it was cool as well. BTW - That's not real mod-top material. Look closely. Bob knows this guy - so I'll let him tell the story.

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:
for all you mod top haters :jester: :jester: :jester:

I love it , if only i could get that stuff in convertible material .

I like it too. Mrs. ACME thought it was cool as well. BTW - That's not real mod-top material. Look closely. Bob knows this guy - so I'll let him tell the story.
yes it didnt look exact but looks good , no 70 mod tops anyway right

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
His wife was dead set on having a mod top and they found this stuff at I believe a fabric store before the mod top material was available, its different :popcorn:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
no 70 mod tops anyway right

Au contraire mon frere...there are indeed '70 Mod Tops. Don't you remember the pic of Steve Julianos one-of-one F8 '70 Hemi Cuda Mod Top that I posted just a couple of months ago...??? Check Chris' Mod Top thread if you want to see a pic...I'm not reposting it since we're having space issues...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I like it(and not just because it's the right color), if for no other reason it SCREAMS Mopar!!!

Back