• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopars at the strip

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ray has been quiet so they must have made the flight to Vegas ok :banana: :banana:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We got in yesterday. :banana:

Went to In-N-Out Burger straight from the airport... :yesnod:

Went to the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop this morning. That's the one featured in "Pawn Stars" on the History Channel. Store seems larger on TV... Met Chum Lee while there...he's a character... :D

:jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
We got in yesterday. :banana:

Went to In-N-Out Burger straight from the airport... :yesnod:

Went to the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop this morning. That's the one featured in "Pawn Stars" on the History Channel. Store seems larger on TV... Met Chum Lee while there...he's a character... :D

pictures ? where is the picture of you and chum ?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay back home in rainy Florida. Here's my mini report out:

Mrs. ACME & I got to spend all day Friday at the MATS with Bob & Mrs. HemiBeep. We had an awsome day. Bob & Sandy are just the best. I'm pretty confident that I can get Tam to go to any upcoming car show as long as Sandy is going too... :D Tam wasted no time sharing her "ACME car stories" and pretty soon they were both gunning for me, much to Bob's delight... :lol:

Bob was true to his word and prepared Gourmet Corn Dogs for he & I for lunch. Outstanding!!! :thumbsup: The girls didn't share our appreciation for the nitrate-sticks and just thought we were nuts... Dave, Bob has something for you...but I'll leave it at that so as to not steal his thunder... They have a great motor home so we took refuge from the wind for a bit and ate lunch and knocked back a couple Miller Lites. Bob, thank-you both again for lunch! That was great!

Swap meet wasn't as large as I had hoped for, but there were still some good finds to be had. Bob had a good day - but he can fill you in on that if he chooses. I wasn't as dilligent as I usually am in combing through everything - we had the wives with us and I didn't want to bore them to tears - plus that whole 2,000 miles away from home and it's gotta fit on an airplane thing has its own constraints built-in.

Watched the Hemi Super Stockers go at it that morning. 42 years after they were built and they're still the Kings of the Hill... :yesnod:

Car Show was excellent. I took some pics and will post them later. Saw an A12 RR that came down the LR line five cars after Bambi - and was similarly equipped (stripped) but supposed to be R4 (it was painted yellow???) with the M2X interior. Found a B5 A12 Bee that needed to come home with me for his-n-hers B5 A12s...it was really NICE... I voted for car #329 for Best in Show though...and yes, you can figure out very easily which one that was... :D And let me tell you guys, it's just as nice in person as the pictures you've all seen on here. Bob did a FANTASTIC job putting that beauty together. Sounds really sweet too. Nothing like factory muscle...

Went to the Cannery that night for the show after the show. Don't want to bad-mouth anybody's car, but there were some that just seemed out of place; many much nicer cars (#329 for one...) that should have been in there instead. I'll just leave it at that... :cents:

So much for a short report. Once a motor-mouth...always a motor-mouth... I'll close by saying that my first MATS will not be my last... :yesnod:

ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Guys, we got back at 11pm last night and had a blast. Ray I wish you could have done Saturday, the show field overflowed and there were so many people that when the opening ceremonies at the track took placed the stands,which are quite large, were almost full of Mopar fans. I hope that We didn't tie up to much of the ACME families time, but I can say they are great people and if I dare friends :grouphug: The only problem was when the girls bonded which took a couple of minutes they became pure wicked, I thought Ray and I would be bad together OMG I tried staying out of the gun fire but I'm sure Ray is in an ICU unit of a Florida hospital. :lol: We went looking around the vendors and swap meet and Mrs. Hemibeeps shopping gene kicked in and burned through a good portion of our cash, but hey it was in my behalf. Then we spotted an 6070 fan clutch in the swap meet and after I twisted my own arm we gave the guy a check to hold it (burned though cash) Ray I did manage to find an ATM with out a handle on the side at the track. I believe Ray took a pic of me pondering the clutch, oh and Ray a vendor came in with a bunch of nice fresh arm rests but there were to many blues for me to remember what would have worked. Dave here is the gift Ray was talking about and then Ill go down to another post to continue. And thanks for the nice words Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
On to the car show, there were some beauties and one that caught Rays eye was being OE judged Saturday, It was a cream Chally with a red butt stripe, I'm sure he got pics. I finally gave up looking for one elusive nut I wanted to replace, I didn't like the plating and went back to the car and began screwing it by hand onto the fire wall when a gentleman walk up and asked if I was Bob, I said yes and turned to see who he was, and mind you it was cool and breezy so I had my best Al Borland plaid flannel coat on which my wife hates because it brings the redneck out on me. Oh back to the gentleman, he says his people looked the automobile over quite extensively and he would like to extend an invitation to their upcoming event. He hands me a flier and said read it over and contact us we would like to have you. I said tank you very much and he was on his way. Now I get my first look at the pamphlet and I almost needed CPR, I was floored

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
So come Sunday after the ACMEies and Hemibeeps stuffed the ballot box with four votes for # 329 :lol: I come to find out green ballots were for none participants which was ok we were a 50-50 split anyway, the awards were handed out. 3-2-1 no award but I didn't really expect one in the field of beauties my car was hiding in. At the end they handed out best of A-B-C and E bodies WooHoo :party:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
No thanks required, Bob. I just call it the way I see it. :thumbsup:

The ACME family couldn't have spent that time any better. No ICU required...but I probably have to leave the bandages on for a couple more days... Those girls were brutal in tandem... :lmao:

B7 armrest pads are the ones that I'm looking for - the Dark Blue ones. Forgot all about hitting an ATM after we had dinner. Sorry.

I got a pic of you buying window cranks...the ones with the "Hyundai Warranty"... To clarify for everyone else: Bob jokingly asked the guy about a warranty on some nice, used window cranks. He said that they came with the Hyundai Warranty...if you lose your job just bring them back and you'll get a refund...it was a pretty snappy comeback... :lol:

I thought that was a very nice gift for Dave - ACME (aka Frenchie...) and a bottle of mustard... :D He was waiting with baited breathe for that one, Dave... :yesnod: :lol: :yesnod:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats on The Dana Point Invite and the BOS Popular Choice Award!!! :cheers:

I had a feeling that you'd take home some hardware!

:beep: :party: :beep: :party: :beep:

V269

Reaction score
Congradulation's Bob on you winning best of show. Yes Ray, Bob's car is surely a thing of beauty as I can attest to as well. He deserve's it after all the hard work and it has certainly paid off big. :cheers: I'm glad you all had a great time. Bob is a great fellow. :yesnod:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
On to the car show, there were some beauties and one that caught Rays eye was being OE judged Saturday, It was a cream Chally with a red butt stripe, I'm sure he got pics. I finally gave up looking for one elusive nut I wanted to replace, I didn't like the plating and went back to the car and began screwing it by hand onto the fire wall when a gentleman walk up and asked if I was Bob, I said yes and turned to see who he was, and mind you it was cool and breezy so I had my best Al Borland plaid flannel coat on which my wife hates because it brings the redneck out on me. Oh back to the gentleman, he says his people looked the automobile over quite extensively and he would like to extend an invitation to their upcoming event. He hands me a flier and said read it over and contact us we would like to have you. I said tank you very much and he was on his way. Now I get my first look at the pamphlet and I almost needed CPR, I was floored
wow awesome pops :thumbsup: :thumbsup: you do great work :worship: :worship: :worship:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

Wow!! That's quite an honor just to be invited!

moparchris

Reaction score
Hey Bob, how is it I am not surprised you took home a Best Of award! I have had a good weekend at home working 12 hour days to finish up some projects to keep my mind off the fact that I couldn't go. Took the trans out of the motorhome and found a broken input shaft! Ouch! Anyways it sounds you kids had a great time, I wish I was there. theres always next year!

As a side note Dana Point is about 10 miles from my house so let me know if your coming. Congrats again you deserve it!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Hey Bob, how is it I am not surprised you took home a Best Of award! I have had a good weekend at home working 12 hour days to finish up some projects to keep my mind off the fact that I couldn't go. Took the trans out of the motorhome and found a broken input shaft! Ouch! Anyways it sounds you kids had a great time, I wish I was there. theres always next year!

As a side note Dana Point is about 10 miles from my house so let me know if your coming. Congrats again you deserve it!
Chris, if I can come up with an enclosed trailer and a secure place or RV park near by I may just pull this off. Too many people have told me its a once in a lifetime thing don't pass it up.

Back