• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 69 road runner high school car ,

moparstuart

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
moparstuart said:
:devil: :devil: :devil:
I have to tell you stuart, if that car had the white reflective stripe and the non-glare stripes, that would be one of the sexiest cars on earth.......... :D
school me please ? what white reflective stripe ?

My birdible has reflective stripes all over it , but my favorite is the tail stripe

mcmopar

Reaction score
Here was mine. Scanned from a 110mm camera pic. Sorry for the lousy res. This was in Ft. Wayne, IN in the summer of 1975 right after I graduated. Note the tassle from my cap hanging from the rear view mirror! Oh yeah... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Orig69.jpg

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
My high school Roadrunner.

scan0001.jpg

Big John

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
So, what year was this picture and tell me about your suspension. Looks like is transferring weight very well....... :thumbsup:

Hmmm... I'd say about 1978 or so. I'd been out of school six years by then.

The suspension was pretty straight forward. Rear leafs were stock with the stock spring clamps removed on the rear portion and the front portion clamped. Front had some torsion bars that I bought from Ed Hamburger that were slightly smaller then 6 cylinder bars. The upper and lower bushings were aluminum with teflon liners and the shocks were 90/10's.

With a bigger (10.5") slick and no front bumper in bracket race trim, the suspension worked even better.

scan9.jpg

Big John

Reaction score
Getting a 9" slick to hook

scan3.jpg

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
CWR said:
Is That a black Vinyl top?...............my car originally had a black one...........I'm thinking of re doing it...........any ideas where to start?

If you do decide to go with the vinyl top I would make just one recommendation: strip the roof down to bare sheetmetal anywhere vinyl will be installed and then coat it with 2 coats of either POR-15 or Rust Bullet and then paint over that with a polyurethane paint. After all that, install the vinyl roof covering. The reason these cars rotted out so fast under the vinyl roof was because all the factory did for the vinyl roof cars was spray a coat of primer on the roof and slap the vinyl on over that. The primer was a poor barrier between the sheetmetal and the condensation that occurs under the vinyl. Result? Roof rot like crazy after only a very short time. If you are going to install the vinyl roof once again take the time to do it right and it will last a very, very long time.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Lasted just long enough to get past the warranty period. :toetap:

Back