• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New (to me) Mopar

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Should have an original intake sometime next week. It's been bead blasted inside and out, no cracks, and in good condition.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Cam got delayed in shipping, but should be here shortly.

But the OE intake manifold arrived today.

image_zpspsj5lss3.jpg

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Dropped off the intake manifold at the shop after work this afternoon and the guy there was surprised I was able to find one in such good shape. He also told me he got an update from the engine builder.... The 2 Pistons weren't burned, they were cracked. It had previously been bored 30 over and is now 40 over. He was able to locate new pistons with no problem. Still waiting for the cam to come in. The one that was in it was just a hair larger than stock and will be replaced. I also went ahead and had him go through the heads with new seats, etc.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Received a call earlier.... The engine is done and at the shop. He's getting ready to prep and paint it.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
He will, but hasn't yet.

Stopped by after work and told Richard he couldn't tease me like that. He knew darn well that I'd have to see the engine.

image_zpssjgxhjvd.jpg

image_zpshrbvuen8.jpg

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Air cleaner to go atop the freshly rebuilt engine. I was able to get the air bubbles out with a heat gun and plastic bondo paddle. I went with the K&N filter as my RR is going to get the classic air A/C once I get her back, so it's not all original anyways.

image_zpspf15ozb8.jpg

image_zps336rfyrt.jpg

image_zpsekykpty8.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I'm antsy to get mine out. in the 60s today, supposed to rain tonight, so they will get rid of the road salt. but gotta work two twelves, then more snow on my days off, more salt...vicious cycle.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Dropped off the air cleaner at the shop yesterday afternoon and saw the engine in person. Richard, shop owner, is almost as excited as I am to get the engine back in and top it off with this air cleaner. Took a couple pics of the engine while there.

image_zpsrfvhqmb4.jpg

image_zpsoazgxrwb.jpg

image_zpstpdsdmri.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Where and what kind of compressor are you mounting to stay away from the air cleaner?

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
I'm adding the Classic Air setup, with the smaller compressor. I've got the entire kit, with the Bouchillon bracket.

Back