• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My pet. Posted everything else, why not?

droptop

Reaction score
It has been very hard for me to read these posts about your pets. We lost our Holly the first of March, and it still hurts to think about it. This is a picture of her on her grooming table. She loved to jump up there to get brushed. You can see our friends dog, Katie in the corner. This was her partner in crime. Every time Holly got in trouble, Katie was the root cause.

Here is our new family pet. Katie is a Shepard / lab mix. She is about 8 months old. We rescued her from the pound. Completely black, and FULL of energy.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Droptop, I know how you feel. I had to put down my Yellow Lab, Tylor, back in 2004. He was 13, and it was one of the hardest things I had to do in my life. I got a Chocolate Lab a couple months later - never could get another Yellow. My wife brought a black lab to the family. Tylor was my best buddy for 13 years.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i dont care what anyone says but...dogs...cats are like family and when they go it really hurts...our best dog ever died in 2007 and 1 hour before he died our cat died.....my wife flipped out....unbelieveable...right....both old age

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm always sorry to hear of anyone's loss of one of their fur-children; no matter whether it was days or years ago. They are members of the family and the loss is huge.

I've thrown this pic up many times before so I guess one more time won't hurt. These are my guys "guarding" Mrs. ACME's Swinger... L to R they are Quinn (7), Madi (about 4 or 5 - she was a rescue so we don't exactly know), and Leyna (she will be 5 on Christmas Eve).

Our family will grow by two sometime in the coming days. When my mother-in-law passes her two Miniature Schnauzers are coming home with Mrs. ACME.

Ray

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I'm always sorry to hear of anyone's loss of one of their fur-children; no matter whether it was days or years ago. They are members of the family and the loss is huge.

I've thrown this pic up many times before so I guess one more time won't hurt. These are my guys "guarding" Mrs. ACME's Swinger... L to R they are Quinn (7), Madi (about 4 or 5 - she was a rescue so we don't exactly know), and Leyna (she will be 5 on Christmas Eve).

Our family will grow by two sometime in the coming days. When my mother-in-law passes her two Miniature Schnauzers are coming home with Mrs. ACME.

Ray

i love those german shepards and had them when i was a kid...parents had a bar/hotel and were the best watch dogs

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Here's mine, she is a mutt and pretty grumpy with anybody that comes around.........me and the wife are thinking about downsizing and moving in town. I know she's not an in-town dog. I'd have to have a dog though.........not sure what I might do..... :huh:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

Ray

Good lookin' pups and Swinger! :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Here's mine, she is a mutt and pretty grumpy with anybody that comes around.........me and the wife are thinking about downsizing and moving in town. I know she's not an in-town dog. I'd have to have a dog though.........not sure what I might do..... :huh:

Bad plan. Keep the property. Keep the dog. Keep some room between you and the neighbors.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I move back into some deed restricted, "you can't keep that on your property", next-door-neighbor's house is four feet away from mine, habitrail-hamster-cage-for-humans, living hell again... :cents:

Hope I wasn't in any way ambiguous...I'm trying to learn from my friend George and be a little more direct... :lmao:

:jester:
ACME

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Good lookin' pups and Swinger! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Chris. Have you not seen Charlotte before? How is that possible??? You would like this car... :D

ACME

Collin

Reaction score
I have two dogs. A miniature Australian Shepard, and a Miniature Australian Shepard/ Poodle (Aussie-Poo). But I figured I would post a pic of the BIG pet.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Collin said:
I have two dogs. A miniature Australian Shepard, and a Miniature Australian Shepard/ Poodle (Aussie-Poo). But I figured I would post a pic of the BIG pet.
Now that's real horse power!

A12

Reaction score
Here's our Boxer, she just passed away this past Thanksgiving morning :sada: but hey no sad replies this is an "up" thread on how we love and enjoy our pets while they are with us. Give em an extra pat, play with them a little more than you would because they just aren't with us long enough, even in dog years.

A12

Reaction score
The first day home and first ride in a Mopar :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":1jrw5rqh]Here's mine, she is a mutt and pretty grumpy with anybody that comes around.........me and the wife are thinking about downsizing and moving in town. I know she's not an in-town dog. I'd have to have a dog though.........not sure what I might do..... :huh:

Bad plan. Keep the property. Keep the dog. Keep some room between you and the neighbors.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I move back into some deed restricted, "you can't keep that on your property", next-door-neighbor's house is four feet away from mine, habitrail-hamster-cage-for-humans, living hell again... :cents:

Hope I wasn't in any way ambiguous...I'm trying to learn from my friend George and be a little more direct... :lmao:

ACME[/quote:1jrw5rqh]
Your neighbors probably felt the same. :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Your neighbors probably felt the same. :lol:

Nah. Most probably didn't even have a clue I was into these old cars. I rented a four bay storage unit from a friend of mine and kept the cars there. Just a PITA not to be able to walk out to the garage and do what you want to do when you want to do it. Had to make a trip to get to where the vehicles were... Having enjoyed the set-up I have now, I'll never go back to the previous set-up... My only complaint about our current home is how much work is required to take care of the yard...and I can easily live with that considering the alternative...

moparchris

Reaction score
I live in a "housing tract" that has lots that are probably smaller than some of your shops! I need to get out, I dont like hearing my neighbors conversations from my house! Unfortunately I live in Southern California which space is a premium, read that expensive. I dream of a day where i need a golf cart to go check the mail!

Ray, I have not seen Charlotte. Is there post here that have pics? I have a 70 swinger as well its called the little dart. The name came from the license plate from the original owner, ltldart. It hasnt run since 2003 when it spun a rod bearing after the MATS race. It was a great car, I ran that thing HARD, and it was a lot of fun.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
I live in a "housing tract" that has lots that are probably smaller than some of your shops! I need to get out, I dont like hearing my neighbors conversations from my house! Unfortunately I live in Southern California which space is a premium, read that expensive. I dream of a day where i need a golf cart to go check the mail!

Ray, I have not seen Charlotte. Is there post here that have pics? I have a 70 swinger as well its called the little dart. The name came from the license plate from the original owner, ltldart. It hasnt run since 2003 when it spun a rod bearing after the MATS race. It was a great car, I ran that thing HARD, and it was a lot of fun.

Chris: Check out the thread below - there are some pics of Charlotte on here. Charlotte is named after the John Anderson song "Swingin'"...as in "her name is Charlotte Johnson and she's really lookin' good"...one of the lyrics from the song. It was a Country/Pop song from back in 1983...you may not have ever heard it.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=591&p=6708&hilit=swinger#p6708

Readers Digest version: My stepdad bought the car from the original owner. It has 250K+ miles on it. Stepdad sold it to us in 2000 after owning it about a dozen years. He put all of 200 miles on it in the last 8 years he had it so it was just sitting. We gave it a home. Was just supposed to be a parts chaser but one thing led to another... Gave it to the wife. 390 CI stroker small block - still the original block. J Heads, XE268H Comp Cam, 1.6 roller rockers, KB Forged pistons (10 to 1 CR), Eagle 4.00" Crank, Performer RPM, BG 650 Road Demon, Hedmans, etc. It's a little torque monster. Reworked 904 with a GER Thunderbolt J converter. Original 3.23 geared 8.75" SG out back. I made some upgrades including a Steer & Gear stage II box, KH discs up front, ADDCOS front & rear, Auto Classic Air Sanden conversion (it was a non-A/C car originally - added a '71 Duster dash w/ factory A/C controls), etc. The only rot that had to be fixed was around the roof due to the vinyl top. In short, this thing is a BLAST!

Back