• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My pet. Posted everything else, why not?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Tammy has a Maine Coon also. Clovis. He was a Valentine's Day gift in 2001. This picture was taken at the old house so it is at least 7 years old. But it is the only one I have on this computer. This cat is HUGE now...

He loves water...has fallen in the pool several times... :lol:

ACME

Clovis update:

Clovis died today. To say that I am crushed would be a gross understatement.

Mother-in-law died on the 15th. The son of one of my very best friends died on the 16th. Drug-related. He was only 27. Now Clovis today. I cannot wait for this f***ing month and year to be over... I took Bambi for a ride tonight, blown-out muffler and all. I couldn't think of anything that might be more therapeutic...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That's terrible, I just don't know what to say Ray. Hang in there :sada:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="ACME A12":em37mkn8]Tammy has a Maine Coon also. Clovis. He was a Valentine's Day gift in 2001. This picture was taken at the old house so it is at least 7 years old. But it is the only one I have on this computer. This cat is HUGE now...

He loves water...has fallen in the pool several times... :lol:

ACME

Clovis update:

Clovis died today. To say that I am crushed would be a gross understatement.

Mother-in-law died on the 15th. The son of one of my very best friends died on the 16th. Drug-related. He was only 27. Now Clovis today. I cannot wait for this f***ing month and year to be over... I took Bambi for a ride tonight, blown-out muffler and all. I couldn't think of anything that might be more therapeutic...[/quote:em37mkn8]

Ray, man this has been a rough month for you and your family. I am sorry that you have to go through this. One of the hardest things to do in my life is put my moms cat Chuck down. He got congestive heart failure and had lots of fluid in his lungs, he was suffering terribly. Being a Firefighter/Paramedic I thought I could fix him up and get him back into a good quality of life. I gave him an IV and this medication called Lasix as a diarrhetic to keep his lungs clear. At first he bounced back and was doing good and then 3 weeks later all the sudden I was woken up by him sitting on my bed and you could hear him drowning with all the fluid in his lungs. I rushed him to the pet hospital at 3 am with my mom. She didnt have the heart to even say the words. Man how tough that was. I have seen some very horrible things in my line of work, and some I will never talk about, but putting my good friend down had to be the hardest. Sometimes death happens all around us, especially this time of year, it makes me cherish the time I get to spend with my loved ones. Including the pets that give us unconditional love.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
I seem to be at a loss for words...which is a pretty rare occurrence...

We missed Kelly's (my friend Jerry's son) memorial service because we were in Ohio. I can't help but feel guilty for not being there...and I still can't believe Clovis is gone...my wife is devistated by all of this... Sure doesn't feel much like Christmas around our house right now...

Thanks for the warm thoughts and words. I'm gonna try to drag my friend Jerry out for lunch today...maybe some beer & wings...I think we both could use the distraction...

Ray

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Hang in there man. Sorry for your losses and your sorrow. Look at the bright side, you could be driving a green RR............just trying to lighten things up for you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Hang in there man. Sorry for your losses and your sorrow. Look at the bright side, you could be driving a green RR............just trying to lighten things up for you. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

First good laugh today. Thanks Gary!

moparstuart

Reaction score
so sorry to here ray , we are all here for you man .
We lost our big big maine coon about 5 years ago he was 22 years old and had a great personallity . That why we got charger last year , I know how you feel about yours .

dobie

Reaction score
I'm real sorry for all of your loses.

Many prayers sent your way, Sir.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I seem to be at a loss for words...which is a pretty rare occurrence...

We missed Kelly's (my friend Jerry's son) memorial service because we were in Ohio. I can't help but feel guilty for not being there...and I still can't believe Clovis is gone...my wife is devistated by all of this... Sure doesn't feel much like Christmas around our house right now...

Thanks for the warm thoughts and words. I'm gonna try to drag my friend Jerry out for lunch today...maybe some beer & wings...I think we both could use the distraction...

Ray
Ray, I'm so sorry to hear all of this. FWIW, at least the "things happen in 3s," thing is over with. Two suggestions, use Bambi for your lunch trip and have a little fun with it. And make it LOUD! The other idea, put some green paint over that invisible blue paint, that will definitely give you something else to think about!
And hang in there friend, and don't forget that we are here for you.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:
The other idea, put some green paint over that invisible blue paint, that will definitely give you something else to think about!

Hey Steve...feel like a midnight run to Fla? I;d love to have a camera set up in the garage and catch the look on his face :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:chuck: :chuck: :chuck: I'm already there guarding the garage :chuck: :chuck: :chuck: Back off Greenies

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
You guys are too funny. Agent Green being dispersed from above is no longer enough...they're getting desperate, Bob.... :lol:

Thanks for the chuckles, gentlemen. Much needed. I liked the "invisible blue paint" comment, Steve. It's still poking out in a few places - not many...but a few more than Dave's F8 is... :acme: :lol:

Ray

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
You guys are too funny. Agent Green being dispersed from above is no longer enough...they're getting desperate, Bob.... :lol:

Thanks for the chuckles, gentlemen. Much needed. I liked the "invisible blue paint" comment, Steve. It's still poking out in a few places - not many...but a few more than Dave's F8 is... :acme: :lol:

Ray

sadly, I have to give the Bluies that one. The only F8 I've seen is on the fender tag. Now.........key Mission Impossible theme(the ORIGINAL, not Tom Cruise) Good Morning Mr Phelps...............

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:
The other idea, put some green paint over that invisible blue paint, that will definitely give you something else to think about!

Hey Steve...feel like a midnight run to Fla? I;d love to have a camera set up in the garage and catch the look on his face :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Great idea Dave, I'll meet you in Atlanta for the rest of the trip down! :devil:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

Ray
I'm glad you liked it Ray, and that it had the effect I had hoped for! :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
I'm glad you liked it Ray, and that it had the effect I had hoped for! :thumbsup:

You nailed it. You can't see it, but I'm holding up a placard that reads "9.5"...you'll have to wait for more results from the other judges... :lol:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:

You nailed it. You can't see it, but I'm holding up a placard that reads "9.5"...you'll have to wait for more results from the other judges... :lol:

:jester:
I'd give it an 8.5, it has a good beat and its easy to dance to :rimshot:

Back