• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My pet. Posted everything else, why not?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:
I'm glad you liked it Ray, and that it had the effect I had hoped for! :thumbsup:

You nailed it. You can't see it, but I'm holding up a placard that reads "9.5"...you'll have to wait for more results from the other judges... :lol:

:jester:
I'd give it an 8.5, it has a good beat and its easy to dance to :rimshot:

:lmao:

You always manage to crack me up, Bob... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A12

Reaction score
Hey Ray, sorry to read the sad news, I haven't been reading all of the posts over here for a few weeks and then tonight I wanted to look at some of the pet photos and then I read your post. Sorry.

My wife and son are still really down about our boxer Heidi but one bright spot we took in a small cat early last August at about the time we found out Heidi had congestive heart failure issues and my wife and boy were driving back to Philly to visit the grand parents. Grandpop is not doing too well but anyway the night before around midnight my son can't sleep because he's excited about the next morning's trip and he see a small black cat peering in the window and we go out and it looked pretty thin and hungry. Put some food and water down for it and the next morning my son and wife are getting into the minivan and Christopher says to the kitten cheerfully "see you when I get back" and the wife wispers to me "that kitten can't be here when we get back". My son calls every day for the next week "Hey dad, how's the kitten doing?"........That was August........the "kitten" turns out to be not so much of a kitten and has two kittens on October 18, '09 around midnight of course. My wife flew back to Philly to visit with her dad (Grandpop) during Thanksgiving, I put Heidi our boxer with her heart problems and the cat ("kitten") and her two kittens in the Vet kennel because of Heidi's med needs and the four week old kittens nursing and then got the sad news of Heidi's passing on Thanksgiving in the kennel, but we still have the "kitten" and one of the two kittens she had, the black one. A Vet tech where we had them boarded wanted the tabby which we had named "Tabby Hunter". The black kitten is named "Blacky Onassis". We had a gray cat for 14 years named "Betty Grayball" and our first boxer that we had that we got the week that Greta Garbo died was named "Greta Garboxer". :D We never knew the age of the "kitten" and we never knew the "kitten" was pregnant, only she knew..........that's why we named her "Shadow" because "Only the Shadow knew" :rimshot: ........................ :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great story Mike. I know you said no sad replies, but I can't help but voice some sadness over your loss of Heidi; my condolences. Thanks for the warm thoughts. I love the names that you guys have come up with for all of your fur-children - those are quite good. :thumbsup:

The Vet's office called yesterday to let us know that we can now pick up Clovis' remains. Seemed to shake Tammy up a bit...she asked me to go with her today but I'm not sure if it wouldn't be better if I just went alone...tough call. His little urn will go right next to the ones that we have for Marcus and Rallye, my cats that I got back in '92 when I was single but traveling the world so I couldn't have a dog. Named them after two of my favorite things: Football and MoPars. Marcus was named after Marcus Allen the great Raider running back and Rallye got hers from Rallye Wheels & Rallye Dashes - two of the prominent attributes of '70 340 Dusters... I lost Marcus in December '04 and Rallye in February '08. Marcus was feral when I captured him in the maintenance compound of a Holiday Inn in Clearwater, Fl when he was probably 5-6 weeks old. His transformation over the years from reclusive former-feral kitty to overt attention hound was nothing short of amazing... :D I'll have to see if I can find a photo of them somewhere.

There's no shortage of animal-related activity around here right now; as I mentioned in another post we inherited my mother-in-law's two miniature schnauzers. Cassie is about a year old and Charlie is three. The GSDs seem to have accepted them right away. Only Leyna (Daddy's little GSD Princess) seems to have any misgivings at all about the two new ankle-biters...they apparently don't understand the rules of GSD Soccer... :lol:

:jester:

Back