• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new 69 GTX owner from northern nj

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Can you still find one of those steering wheel wraps up where you are? I used to have one on my RR (has the T7 Saddle/Tan interior and tan wheel) but it eventually bit the dust - literally! If you can get one let me know, I'd love to pay you to send me one.
BTW your X looks great!

second on that! but a black one. mine fell apart, and all I can find arounf here are the slip ons. I actually need a black wheel. My interior was originaly green, and the PO just changed the center and put a cover on the wheel.
and your GTX is :drool: :drool: :drool:

resq302

Reaction score
:lmao: ok, so if I find it in black and tan, I'll pick them up.

And thank you for the compliments on the car but it still has a LOT of work to get done to get up to our standards. We like our stuff like it just rolled off the show room floor! We still have to pull the rear axle and leaf springs, front suspension, engine detailing, interior freshening up and detailing, etc. But right now we are doing what we can to try and keep the car on the road as much as possible so dad can have his fun with it! It still even has the original distributor with the point style ignition. No electronic ignition here! :drive:

resq302

Reaction score
I will say this about getting a car so original as this..... its an exciting adventure if you have never had a car like this to work on. Im like a little kid trying to uncover this treasure if there is any inspection marks or factory stampings, etc. You get to see exactly how the car was done from the factory without any deviation of previous people altering the paint or such like that. We currently have a repro fuel sending unit and tank in there but the ultimate goal is to find an original (hopefully dated) 3/8 supply with 1/4" return and an original gas tank that is not dented like our original. A car as rare and original as this, we want to try and keep it all original with the only repro being the tires or other assorted parts that would have to be repro for safety sake since we do plan on driving it. Bias repro tires will be on there for strict concours shows and we have the same magnum 500 road wheels with radial tires on it for local shows and driving around.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Really Really nice GTX, Brian. I'm a fan of keeping a car original. I am the 3rd owner of mine and always fought to keep it as original as possible. If you can't find anymore of those steering wheel wraps at Pep boys, etc. They still are available on E-bay and elsewhere. They are called "Sport Grip lace on steering wheel cover". Once again, nice car. :thumbsup:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_kw=VT ... ADE+IN+USA

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That is one great lookin' X you have there. There is another member here restoring his' RR in T 3 and I'm sure he'll want to see the pics of this car. Collin, where are you? :D

resq302

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. As nice as it looks now, I can't wait till we are done to see how much better it will look then! I have a feeling this will be the crown jewel of our cars.

moparstuart

Reaction score
sorry guys when i told brian to come visit us over here , I had no idea he was such a stalker .

I'll be more selective who I send over from now on

oh and brian :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot:

resq302

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
sorry guys when i told brian to come visit us over here , I had no idea he was such a stalker .

I'll be more selective who I send over from now on

oh and brian :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot:

:lmao:

jays69bird

Reaction score
Not that I'm biased or anything:groucho: but a B body convertible in T3 is absolutely fantastic in my book,welcome to the site!

jays69bird

Reaction score
By the way Brian,since my dad had a 69 Charger 383 4 speed factory air in B7 back in the day,feel free to post some pictures of your Charger,I would love to see them.

resq302

Reaction score
Ok, I will have to try and load some other pics of my charger and moms challenger over to the photo site and get them posted here.

Just curious, what color interior do you have? Kinda looks like a saddle interior like ours.

jays69bird

Reaction score
It is saddle or Bronze and saddle,as the door panels are two tone. let me see if I have a picture on my computer.
grdprty002.jpg
0421091756a.jpg

Last edited:

resq302

Reaction score
Yup, same color as our interior. We have a black convert top. That the color of your roof also?

jays69bird

Reaction score
Yup, same color as our interior. We have a black convert top. That the color of your roof also?

Naw mine is white,I always thought the black would go better with the T3 paint,after seeing your car I was right.

resq302

Reaction score
Well..... they had a 50/50 shot at getting it right since the only two colors available as options were black and white conv. tops. lol.

resq302

Reaction score
Ok, here are some pics of my 69 Dodge Charger. Factory 383 HP V-8, 4 spd, power disc brake car.

102_4270.jpg

102_4284.jpg

chargerpics_007.jpg

dec282006_054.jpg

dec282006_060.jpg

dec282006_060.jpg

Back