No more Road for the Runner!

Projects

1. Sixtynine_Bird

Sixtynine_Bird Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thanks Russ, yes you're can't wait to see it done and have the pleasure to say for the first time in 5 years "fire in the hole!" lol I guess my ears aren't ready for that sound ^^

Russ69Runner likes this.
  2. RKNRLR

RKNRLR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    You will notice a huge difference going to the Mcleod twin plate. Alot smoother, especially on the way back up. The first few times I drove my RR, i got jelly leg from the original clutch. Hadnt pushed down on a clutch that tough since my Dad drove a 1986 Ladncruiser Troop Carrier. That thing would make you knee yourself in the face everytime you let the clutch out. Also the only vehicle Ive ever driven with a longer shift stick thatn my Roadrunner! troopy.jpg

Russ69Runner likes this.
  3. quikbird

quikbird Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Part of the factors are rr are fairly heavy car, as horsepower goes up the spring pressure needed on a single disc clutch also goes up which means leg workout goes up. Twin disc distributes that pressure so easier on leg. Regular throw out should work but I really like my hydraulic. They run about 600$

Sixtynine_Bird and Russ69Runner like this.
  4. RKNRLR

RKNRLR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    I just had my RST twin disc setup relined with their RXT package, good for up to 1000hp according to Mcleod. Probably the last setup in their lineup before going to a full-race clutch. The RST was definitely a big improvement, especially from slip-engagement. Alot smoother than the factory single disc I had on there before.

5. 1968 man

1968 man Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2020
    Hey RkNRLR didn’t know if you got those hood pin pics. So here thy are again. 185FC786-D22C-48FA-93E1-3DEA79AAA72C.jpeg

6. RKNRLR

RKNRLR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Russ69Runner likes this.
  7. Jaybirds70

Jaybirds70 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2020
    awsome job your doing.. when i get started on my OD BALL 70 rr.. yes document everything, tag n bag...

Russ69Runner likes this.
  8. Jaybirds70

Mar 26, 2020
    here my 70,, gonna be a lot of taggin,baggin,,pictures and brew...look forward to see more pic.... I'm new here , and so far the people have been a great help to me..

20190908_124651.jpg

9. RKNRLR

RKNRLR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    I have the same hood support pads as you, mine is also a 68. Looks like I will be able to drill that hole out a liitle bigger, and fix the pins in the same position that you have. That would look real clean. Current rad 2.jpg

Jaybirds70 likes this.
  10. Jaybirds70

Mar 26, 2020
    lookin great:thumbsup::beep: