No more Road for the Runner!

Projects

1. RKNRLR

RKNRLR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    I
    I copped the same thing, only in San Fran for a few days, Alcatraz tour booked out for 2 weeks in advance.

Russ69Runner likes this.
  2. Sixtynine_Bird

Sixtynine_Bird Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Hello everyone of you bird and Mopar lovers.
    I wish you all the best for this new year and your families.

Just got back from my trip to the US, what a cool journey it was! 2000 miles round trip in 14 days. We've seen a lot during those days.
    Saw a few Mopars two 68 coronet 4 doors, a 70 satellite, 70 charger 383 auto floor shift, few hellcats both Challengers and Chargers etc.
    64 or 65 ply fury.

We arrived for Christmas to LA, stayed there for 2 days, then drove through big sur road to San Francisco.
    New years eve in San Francisco was really cool at the fisherman's wharf. The hotel with the FREE parking was great and well located in the city! I was 20 min walk distance from Lombard street, and 30-35 min walk distance from the fisherman's wharf.

Then went to Tahoe lake pretty cool too out there.
    going down in CA via Yossemite and sequoia park.
    And we drove straight to Joshua tree after that, where we saw a Cougar (not the car the animal lol) it was awesome!

I also took the advantage of being across the pond to bring back some parts for the car.

Russ69Runner likes this.
  3. 69hemibeep

69hemibeep Sponge Bob Square Wheels

Sep 10, 2008
    Sounds like you covered some ground!

4. Russ69Runner

Russ69Runner Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Yes we have so much to see in our county. It is a shame we work all the time and never take time to see this grate country of ours. When owning my bike went to the bad land's and South Dakota. I road an HD form Fla. Out their. What a trip. Glad you had fun and hope you make it back here in the future. If you like motor cycles we have a big bike week here in Dayton Fla. It is not like Sturgis SD. that is like the mother of all bike get together places their is in the US. Russ. :kartman: We get to drink lot's of beer their and eat smoked turkey leg's. Lot's of girl's too.

5. Sixtynine_Bird

Sixtynine_Bird Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Yes we did cover some ground.

That's true Russ, too much to see! The mountain, desert, sea, lakes etc etc too much places to go! Yes I've heard of that bike week in Daytona, that is something I'd like to do. My dad used to ride a 93 HD Fatboy with a cab, now has a 2011 Fatboy special. That is something we have to do. I'll let you know the day we'll go there so perhaps we can meet out there.

I hope I will and sounds like I'm going to be back soon. I am planning on going to the NATS this year for its 40th anniversary.
    Does anyone here is going this for 2020? Maybe Quikbird?

Russ69Runner likes this.
  6. RonLiv

RonLiv Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Chrysler Nationals (Carlisle, PA) will be celebrating it's 50th year this summer. Last year there were a record 2,803 cars in the show field. The A12 display was really impressive. Ran into a whole pile of guys & gals from this forum last summer and had a great time. I'm sure there will be some kind of Superbird display and other cars who turn 50.

Russ69Runner likes this.
  7. quikbird

quikbird Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2014
    I will certainly be there. I live about 20 miles (30 km?) from there. we usually drive over each day. Usually have an extra pass or two between coyote and myself. if you are coming over, look forward to seeing you here.

Russ69Runner likes this.