• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions greatly appreciated

ashy22

Reaction score
the dash has been painted, the vin tag should have a white Chrysler Corporation decal on it.
I've seen worse on the trunk pan. To be as nice as the rest of the car does, it should be replaced, but you could clean and paint it and worry about it another day.
not sure what you mean by centre column....steering column? a 40 year old car won't have the same tight feel as a new car. plain and simple. You get used to it, as long as it isn't excessive.
The vin numbers on the trunk rail are under the trunk weatherstrip, which if it's glued down as it should be, you couldn't see them.
the master cylinder is unpainted when new, so surface rust is normal. What else was rusty?
brakes...rears just my need adjusted, and the front sounds like a caliper piston hanging up. I had one do that so bad I could make a sharp left turn without turning the steering wheel.
what was the price on the car?
If your gut is telling you to keep looking...then listen to it. Keep looking and saving your money, and get the nicest car you can. and not a bad idea to look the GTX over just to compare things.

Thanks for that Basketcase

The orange 383 is 29750 euros firm ($ 32300).

By center column, I meant the center piece where the shift stick is.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that could just be loose mounting screws, or the plastic mounting are of the console could be cracked/broken.

ashy22

Reaction score
I am going for the one a few posts back. It looks in great shape.....but no power steering and no power brakes.

http://www.69roadrunner.net/mopar/s...numbers-matching-turn-key-resto-needs-nothing

The import laws have changed over here. Now you only pay import tax of 5% if the car is over 30 years old. Great news.

I am going to get one of those inspection companies to give it the "once over" to make certain everything is as it should be.

A lot cheaper than me flying over to check it out!

Are these people ok for that :- www.carzinspection.com

Cheers

Ashy22

ashy22

Reaction score

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

that's fandamtastic! hope you're well pleased with your new baby. you've picked the best color....now all it needs is some Cragars...:groucho:

ashy22

Reaction score
:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

that's fandamtastic! hope you're well pleased with your new baby. you've picked the best color....now all it needs is some Cragars...:groucho:

And that's what it now has! Cragar/Unique Supreme 177's :)

15 x 8 rear with 255/60R15 Cooper Cobra Radial GT's

15 x 7 front with 215/70R15 Cooper Cobra Radial GT's (had to import tires from Germany but that's another story)

What do you think?
IMG_5939.jpgIMG_5945.jpgIMG_5939.jpgIMG_5945.jpg

IMG_5939.jpg

IMG_5945.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I'm GREEN with envy. that is a sweet bird.and don't be a stranger!

ashy22

Reaction score
looking good! how is it being received across the pond?

very well thanks djais1801.

Looking forward to showing it off at our classic car shows we have over here.

Getting hold of the tyres was the biggest nightmare.

The EU have decided that all tyres need re-certifying and as a result the likes of Cooper Cobra and BF Goodrich don't comply and can't import to Europe.

Unfortunately the UK has to go along with all this bureaucratic nonsense so have to rely on the tyre being found somewhere as "old stock". Running out fast!!!

That's why I had to go 215/70 and not 215/60 on the front.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Very Nice and beautiful looking Green Runner.:yesnod: :yesnod:

Post up the magazine spread when it comes out.

Back