• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rebuilding a 1969 hemi in the netherlands

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That A boy. Look's naked don't it. Every thing look's good on the body. Like floor pan and all. What you going to do to it. Do a repaint. Good luck with the project and keep the pic's coming. :thumbsup:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes your into it now. What is the bottle of Smirnoff for cleaning part's.:lol: You have a nice shop. Plenty of room it look's like. Russ. :steering:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
8 3/4 rear with 3.23 is odd, do the srpings have 7 leafs on the passenger side and 6 on the drivers. OH beautiful shop!

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Look at all the mud on the frame. Heat gun and putty knife is how I got it off my car. Kept the heat on the putty knife blade and scraped. This worked really well. Then finished it off with a wire wheel in a drill to get it really clean for painting.

oscar holland

Reaction score
Oke the smirnoff is for loosing the sharp edges when the torsion bars deside to stay in place does anyone have experiance with sandblasting of the bottom and then sealing it of? I am also thinking about cutting off the under part of the rear fender and blast there is rusty in my opinion

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is one place you will find it. I cleaned off the mud first the wire brushed every thing under the car then painted it with epoxy then bed lined the hole bottom and in the tubs as well as the outer inner finder area. The inner finder rusted out is probably where the battery tray is. Had to replace the hole inner finder on that side. Keep us up to date and post lots of pictures. :kartman: Where is all the cold beer????

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Hello from France! You got yourself a nice project with that Hemi Runner! :)
Good luck with her and yes keep the pics coming! ;)

By the way I work for a Netherlands company here in France!
:beep:

oscar holland

Reaction score
Oke help me what is high ratio and what does this mean to handling of the car?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Better top speed but you have plenty of motor to get started. I have them in my Valiant with a 440 and love them

Back