• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Runner update

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Now it won't be done for Carlise :lol: Not really a set back just frustrating, I bought it in 06 think I can return it? :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hey, give it a try! tell'm the road runner site is watching them!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Now it won't be done for Carlise :lol: Not really a set back just frustrating, I bought it in 06 think I can return it? :lol:

I think you should take it back to the body shop and ask them to graft a Charger roof to it. Problem Solved! :lmao:

yeah, I know... :leave:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
What was the process on the alternator?
I found a blast cabinet with old glass in it so it was not to abrasive then used a dull clearcoat on the case. New rear bearing, brushes, detailed the small parts and picked the best color I could come up with for the field, replated the screws. The diodes were all good so they got painted, they were not to shinny. Then when to NAPA and tested it!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Great job, Bob! :thumbsup: Ya coulda' fooled me, it looks like a new piece. How much voltage did it put out?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice job Bob!

So, let's see...Mac is our designated heater box refinisher...and you're our alternator guy...so what we need now is a wiper motor guy... maybe after Dobie gets his figured out he'll step to the plate...:lol:

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
That looks awesome! Now I want to crack open an alternator and see whats inside, lol :lol:
Just remember the pully is a press fit you need a puller! :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
69hemibeep said:
Finished my alternator

my....that's a Big pulley you have there........(looks great)
Dave, I have no idea why they used a two groove like this on the hemi, they never had twin belts. I know the larger pully had less drag because the poor little motor couldnt turn it, but it didnt charge as well at idle. :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Just have to install the glove box and door and I can slip this baby in tomarrow. I had to get a different dash frame because of a massive hole cut in the dash for a CLOCK :loco:

Back