• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Runner update

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
just had to include the "HEMI" in the first shot, didn't ya? :toetap:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Give us details on the windshield install..................I've not done it, but I'm planning on it.......... :popcorn:

I'm sending mine out to Arizona...there's this new shop out there that does wing windows and windshields...CHEAP!!! :lmao:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":36b7xymq]Give us details on the windshield install..................I've not done it, but I'm planning on it.......... :popcorn:

I'm sending mine out to Arizona...there's this new shop out there that does wing windows and windshields...CHEAP!!! :lmao:

:jester:[/quote:36b7xymq]
Are you going to drop in from Cali today, I cook a mean corndog :lmao: I can be had but I'm not cheap :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Give us details on the windshield install..................I've not done it, but I'm planning on it.......... :popcorn:
So you want to install your own windshield. I suggest you find someone thats done one before, todays glass guys have no clue. My friend that makes me feel young showed me how and it takes two people. You first push the gasket over the pinch weld all around the top and sides, now set the bottom of the gasket on the dash out of the way. Get your hard to find non hardening, non setting sealer and run a 3/8" bead just below the dash and about 2" up the sides. Now set the bottom of the gasket in and hook the three tabs into the groove of the gasket. Now set the bottom of the glass into the gasket centered and as deep as you can. My friend had a couple of plastic sticks that we used to work the lip of the gasket over the glass starting at the bottom and work your way up, then the top to the corner,the corner is the hardest. These sticks came from a glass shop back when most windows were in rubber gaskets. You will find it helps to slap and pound the glass as you go to help seat it and it take some time to get that lip over the glass, if you get it on the edge of the glass most of the way around it will come over the rest of the way as you pound and work the gasket. Now this part is almost as hard, you need to tuck the locking groove together to give a rounded finish, the sticks will be used again. I pulled a little of the lock apart so you could see it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm learning about foam rubber and seat covers pics to follow. :brickwall:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
throw your seat cover in a pillow case tie it up and toss it in the dryer for like 5 minutes, it gets it nice and soft so it will pull right over your seats and foam . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
throw your seat cover in a pillow case tie it up and toss it in the dryer for like 5 minutes, it gets it nice and soft so it will pull right over your seats and foam . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Its supposed to be 5000 degrees here today, will that work :D 6am and 90 already :leave:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Taking a lunch brake but here is the progress the front seats are getting new foam.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very Nice!!!

You'll be sitting on those things in the car going "Vroom, Vroom" in no time... :thumbsup:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
Its supposed to be 5000 degrees here today, will that work :D 6am and 90 already :leave:
or yeah just set them outside for 5 seconds :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

xs29j8

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
or yeah just set them outside for 5 seconds :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Weather forecast must be partly cloudy with scattered nukes... :eek: :jester:

zupanj

Reaction score
Bob,

Thanks for the pics. They are really helpful. I really didn't think this part through and just figured the old throttle system would hook up. I just ordered a linkage setup from Mancini but as I'm writing this I wonder if the progressive linkage will work since the carbs are a little further apart on the Indy manifold. Oh well it won't be the first thing I have sent stuff back.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
xs29j8 said:
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:

Weather forecast must be partly cloudy with scattered nukes... :eek: :jester:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
zupanj said:
Bob,

Thanks for the pics. They are really helpful. I really didn't think this part through and just figured the old throttle system would hook up. I just ordered a linkage setup from Mancini but as I'm writing this I wonder if the progressive linkage will work since the carbs are a little further apart on the Indy manifold. Oh well it won't be the first thing I have sent stuff back.
Jack there is some adjustment in them, give me the center to center measurement and I will see if it will work :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Very Nice!!!

You'll be sitting on those things in the car going "Vroom, Vroom" in no time... :thumbsup:

he's been doing that with a milk crate for months now, so that will be an improvement :lmao:

Back