The Greek Roadrunner is finally here!

69RunnerMike

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm positive it's the only one. There are a couple of chargers here and there. But no Roadrunners, not even pre-71 satellites.
Even sitting on the side of the road for the first couple of days it gathered a crowd! I was honestly expecting everyone to think it's just some old heap of scrap metal but its presence here between all the citroens and Nissan micras etc is really something else.

Have you got yours running? What are you planning to do with your floors and frame rails. Are you planning to rotisserie restore yours right away or fix it up and drive it for a while?
Mine is running, but not drivable. It needs 3 things. Exhaust, tires and K frame. I had originally planned to work on stripping the floor and frame, repair any rust and prime and paint, then move onto the body. I have changed course and am now working to get it drivable, then plan on working on a total restore next year beginning in the spring. I ripped the interior out because it was ripped and moldy. Found one small hole and serious pitting and metal loss on floor, so a new floor pan is on the menu. Probably by the time I get it done, gasoline will be illegal.

20220814_180046.jpg

20220814_175950.jpg

20220814_175937.jpg

20220814_174002.jpg

kariverson

Reaction score
Mine is running, but not drivable. It needs 3 things. Exhaust, tires and K frame. I had originally planned to work on stripping the floor and frame, repair any rust and prime and paint, then move onto the body. I have changed course and am now working to get it drivable, then plan on working on a total restore next year beginning in the spring. I ripped the interior out because it was ripped and moldy. Found one small hole and serious pitting and metal loss on floor, so a new floor pan is on the menu. Probably by the time I get it done, gasoline will be illegal.
Seems like we're on the same boat then.
I'm looking to rent some closed space so I can start stripping. I'll try to get it running starting next month with partial disassembly of the motor making sure it's clean. And next year I'm waiting on some money, when it comes, I'll repair any damage on frame and floors, sand, prime and paint it and go from there.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Wish both of you the best with the project. Once restored you can be proud of your labor. We all try to save what we can and keep the budget low. Sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and go for it. It is like this picture and asking myself what did I get myself into. Lol. IMG_0101 (2).JPG IMG_0101.JPG IMG_0102 (2).JPG

MoparDan

Reaction score
You've got the cars, the hard part is over. Make a plan and enjoy watching it progress. Take lots of pictures, measure everything. Mine did not have an interior I drove it on the trailer sitting on a milk crate. The same one in the 1st picture.

Tear Down 002.JPG

Roof026.jpg

Trunk018.jpg