• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think of this look?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:basketcase: well at leas tI won't hafta work midnights this week...

moparmarcus

Reaction score
Well, since I now seem to be locked out of the "I see stuie got his way" thread, I'll ask here. What happened to 69 only? What happened to major decisions being made by the entire community? and How long before the advertisements appear? This website was started with the purpose of being specific to one car. There are enough generic road runner and B body sites out there.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Well, since I now seem to be locked out of the "I see stuie got his way" thread, I'll ask here. What happened to 69 only? What happened to major decisions being made by the entire community? and How long before the advertisements appear? This website was started with the purpose of being specific to one car. There are enough generic road runner and B body sites out there.

Marcus I saw you post on the other thread along with others before the thread disappeared. I guess I will have to be more guarded as to what I say and do around here. Sad. I don't have your answers

dobie

Reaction score

Hi Marcus. I missed what had transpired earlier, but I've recently asked myself the same questions you just did. Unfortunately, I also don't have any of the answers. I'll say this though, more and more questions are starting to be asked...

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score

Basically, it was a "sour grapes" and bitching response that should have been done off line. I moved the thread until I could get a chance to talk to Joey and respond privately. I will do that tonight.

Basically... You are creating drama because you don't know the whole story. If you don't like the forum, don't come here. Simple as that. If you keep this nonsense up, I will have no other choice but to ban you from the site. I'd rather not do that.

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Marcus. I missed what had transpired earlier, but I've recently asked myself the same questions you just did. Unfortunately, I also don't have any of the answers. I'll say this though, more and more questions are starting to be asked...

Funny, I just checked my PM box... No questions there. If you have questions, just ask me. I've posted a number of threads asking for opinions and comments of things I was doing, made other changes per the request of members. So please show me the problem.

moparstuart

Reaction score
i HAVE ALWAYS , poked fun that i like 70's the best since day one from joining the forum
But this forum has always focused on 69's it have never been 69 only ? there have always been 68 and 70 owner here who contribute and i know of no one who have been kicked off for not owning a 69 ??? All Road runners are great , I just love 70's the most :) lets all be Road runner brothers and Pass me some more beer .:cents:

Bob's just mad i get to inherit his 70 LOL

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
excatly. It is a '69 site, but seveal have '68s, and have been embraced openly. Chris has a Super Bee. I show pics of my wife's VW. some have had '69s, and no longer have them. I don't feel we should kick them off the island once they no longer own one.

moparmarcus

Reaction score
I'm sure you guys remember, no one was ever asked to asked to leave because of a non 69 car (or for expressing an opinion for that matter), just to keep it minimized. Nothing wrong with the occasional Scamp mention either :)

Big John

Reaction score
I think you guys all can realize that this forum has evolved over the past five years to include the first generation of Roadrunners. Stuie and George come to mind as very involved members that don't own 69 cars. Hell.... I don't even own a 69 Roadrunner any more.

Joey and I have talked about this and we're both in agreement that the forum's direction is going to be towards the first generation Roadrunners. As I said, we evolved there anyhow.... we'll just make it a bit more formal.

He and I really want the best for the forum. You guys know that I've always been receptive to hearing what you have to say... either online or offline. Joey is the same way... probably more so really.... and I wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it.

When he and I worked this out, we agreed that the forum wasn't going to change a lot... and it really hasn't. It's just a little nicer, that's all.

So... everyone calm down.... It's all good.

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly. As I looked around, I saw plenty of non 69 owners. It just seems appropriate to include the 68 & 70 owners in a more formal way. It was something I was planning to bring up publically for discussion, but Markus sort of forced my hand a little sooner then I was prepared. So what does everyone think about making the site for Gen 1 RRs?

moparmarcus

Reaction score
Joey, I just PM'd John. He sent me a lengthy message which kind of took me by surprise. I did not intend to piss off anyone. A question was asked and I provided an answer. If the site is going off in a different direction then that is your decision to make, I simply expressed that I don't like it. If you see that as a reason to banish me as a result, again that's your prerogative. As an admin I always included the entire group in any fundamental changes to the purpose of the site and I feel all special interest group sites should be that way. That's just my opinion, which I thought was what was asked for.

Incidentally, so I don't leave the wrong impression; All Mopar owners were always welcome on the original site. No one was ever derided for talking about different model years. When I said 69 only I was only referring to content and design of the site.

mcmopar

Reaction score
I was rather taken aback by Big's response as well. Seemed a little heavy-handed IMO. I was in a gaming clan that was run by a guy who would sometimes go off like that. After awhile I decided to take my leave. Thankfully this is the only time I've seen that kind of response from anyone here on the forum. Hopefully it will be the last...
That being said, I will defer to the general consensus. I like the 1st gen RR's the best of the bunch. The 68-70's just had "it" in terms of styling and performance.

Last edited:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Speaking for myself, I don't always take to change easily, I'll adjust, it just may take a while. I was comfortable with the old site and I think that it's layout helped make it unique for displaying our favorite car. Another thing is the the regulars here have a comradery where we can get on each other cases all the time about whatever it may be. That we can change the subject all the time, go in whatever direction it goes in and nobody cares. On most other sites that doesn't happen, you stay on subject or... That's what makes this place fun for many of us and I wouldn't want that to change by new guys coming on and wonder what's going on with the diversions of the subject that takes place on many of the threads here. If we lose that then it will be just another car site. While there may be many computer things that can be done easier now, it doesn't have the same feel because it looks like the other sites. I'm a member on both FABO and FBBO and visit them daily and enjoy them, but now when I come here I feel like I'm still on those other sites 'cause it looks the same. And admittedly, I was, well, I'll say disappointed, when I saw that the '69 Road Runner logo at the top of the page have been changed to Road Runner Forum. To me that really took our uniqueness away, which leads me to your last question. I think that we are already doing that. I don't recall that we ever shunned anyone away if they had any other year Bird then a '69. Everyone has always been welcomed with open arms and I'm sure that will continue to be the case. I really feel that the main focus should be with the '69s, but as I said, no one will be turned away as long as they have the love for Road Runners that we all have.

Big John

Reaction score
I was rather taken aback by Big's response as well. Seemed a little heavy-handed IMO. I was in a gaming clan that was run by a guy who would sometimes go off like that. After awhile I decided to take my leave. Thankfully this is the only time I've seen that kind of response from anyone here on the forum. Hopefully it will be the last...
That being said, I will defer to the general consensus. I like the 1st gen RR's the best of the bunch. The 68-70's just had "it" in terms of styling and performance.

Marcus posted in another thread some things that you didn't see.

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
. And admittedly, I was, well, I'll say disappointed, when I saw that the '69 Road Runner logo at the top of the page have been changed to Road Runner Forum. To me that really took our uniqueness away, which leads me to your last question. I think that we are already doing that. I don't recall that we ever shunned anyone away if they had any other year Bird then a '69. Everyone has always been welcomed with open arms and I'm sure that will continue to be the case. I really feel that the main focus should be with the '69s, but as I said, no one will be turned away as long as they have the love for Road Runners that we all have.

The banner on top is still not complete - what you see is only temporary - as the artist stated earlier in another post.

Big John

Reaction score
Speaking for myself, I don't always take to change easily, I'll adjust, it just may take a while. I was comfortable with the old site and I think that it's layout helped make it unique for displaying our favorite car. Another thing is the the regulars here have a comradery where we can get on each other cases all the time about whatever it may be. That we can change the subject all the time, go in whatever direction it goes in and nobody cares. On most other sites that doesn't happen, you stay on subject or... That's what makes this place fun for many of us and I wouldn't want that to change by new guys coming on and wonder what's going on with the diversions of the subject that takes place on many of the threads here. If we lose that then it will be just another car site. While there may be many computer things that can be done easier now, it doesn't have the same feel because it looks like the other sites. I'm a member on both FABO and FBBO and visit them daily and enjoy them, but now when I come here I feel like I'm still on those other sites 'cause it looks the same. And admittedly, I was, well, I'll say disappointed, when I saw that the '69 Road Runner logo at the top of the page have been changed to Road Runner Forum. To me that really took our uniqueness away, which leads me to your last question. I think that we are already doing that. I don't recall that we ever shunned anyone away if they had any other year Bird then a '69. Everyone has always been welcomed with open arms and I'm sure that will continue to be the case. I really feel that the main focus should be with the '69s, but as I said, no one will be turned away as long as they have the love for Road Runners that we all have.

Steve, believe me, it is our intention to keep that type of forum that is a little different than any others. It does look a little slicker now and it is easier to use, there is no doubt about it. But that's really it.

We've never just talked about 69 Roadrunners only here. We talk about a lot of different things and a lot about other cars too. You've seen my threads on my Windsor or even mentions of the Corvette I had. We have all embraced that there are other cars out there that we all own.. We even had a pretty cool thread about our daily drivers.

The forum is run the same way it has been and will continue that way. No one is ever going to tell you to get back on subject (well seriously anyway) as long as I'm around. As I've said, Joey doesn't want to change how things are here. I don't either. The only thing we are doing is taking the forum to its next logical step by considering it to be a first generation Roadrunner site. It was just about there anyway.

Steve, you and a lot of guys here have met me and shook my hand. I wouldn't be able to look you guys in the eyes if I was doing something other than keeping this forum as a fun place.

Big John

Reaction score
Joey, I just PM'd John. He sent me a lengthy message which kind of took me by surprise. I did not intend to piss off anyone. A question was asked and I provided an answer. If the site is going off in a different direction then that is your decision to make, I simply expressed that I don't like it. If you see that as a reason to banish me as a result, again that's your prerogative. As an admin I always included the entire group in any fundamental changes to the purpose of the site and I feel all special interest group sites should be that way. That's just my opinion, which I thought was what was asked for.

Incidentally, so I don't leave the wrong impression; All Mopar owners were always welcome on the original site. No one was ever derided for talking about different model years. When I said 69 only I was only referring to content and design of the site.

Marcus, since you've decided to not to keep this offline like I hoped, I will tell you this publicly.

We included everyone in these discussions a month ago. The active members all gave their opinions and we listened and responded. The forum hasn't changed other than the look of it and new software that is easier to use. The content is the same. The active members here have taken it into different directions in five years. Note I said active members have done this, not me. If all the guys took up raising African Violets, the forum would start including that in the conversation. Enough talk and we'd start a section. More talk and the forum would evolve into 69AfricanViolets.com. We have a politics section and a firearms section.. Why? Because we talked about it enough to warrant their own places here... and the result is a little more discussion and more fun.

We never said there was going to be a drastic change in the aim of this forum. The forum is what it is. We have very active members here with both 68 and 70 cars. Our only real change would be to formalize that the forum has evolved into a first generation based site. We still haven't really done that. We are just talking about it now.

Again, we don't dictate what is discussed here. The topics covered are brought about by the members of this forum. I've always welcomed and even encouraged discussions on all brands and types of cars. Our technical references here does revolve around the 1969 Roadrunner, but that's about as far as any limitations go.

The intention of this site is to have fun. We have always been and always will be a comfortable place where anyone is welcome to kick back and talk about almost anything. We are much more light hearted and a lot less serious than almost any forum I've ever been on. I do have a very low limit for drama. I always have... always will.

With the very few posts and little involvement you have had here in the past five years, you have not seen where this forum has grown nor have you seen the direction it's taken. Bringing Joey into this provided several things that I could not do. Good software that can do more for the members and a good place for the forum to be hosted without any expense to me personally. He's also more adept and in tune to making changes as needed to the software than I will ever be. As I explained a month ago... there is a price and eventually we will see advertising here. Servers and software cost money and it needs to be paid for somehow. Everyone has been told that up front when we started. The good news is we can go on the way we always have and have some fun. I don't know as we could have survived if we hadn't done this.

Your first post in many months was insulting to me personally, insulting to the work we've done here and insulting to the good members of this forum. I don't believe you see or understand that. I also still believe that you should have asked a couple questions first before condemning the forum based on a ball busting joke thread. I have buried that thread so it didn't start a war. I have responded off line to that and we will not discuss its content here.

My hope is that you really do mean that you didn't mean to piss anybody off and for that I need to give you the benefit of the doubt. If I was standing next to you right now, I would put out my hand in friendship and hope that we will put this behind us. :cheers:

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Big, here's my two cents. I was in California for two weeks when the change took place. I couldn't get on the site while I was out there, so I didn't know what had happened. What uspet some of us that while a group of the regulars were at Carlisle, nothing had been said about what was taking place. It felt dirty to some of us. You always said that you didn't care if the site got big, you just wanted it to be like a bunch of friends having a beer and telling stories. This made us feel like we didn't have a say. Like you said, we usually made group decisions. But the bottom line is you were the boss to do with the site as you pleased.
I remember what the original site was like when Marcus was having personal problems. The site would go down for days. We lost members.You stepped in, and took it over, and gave a bunch of gear heads a place to hang out. Our site became something special, unlike no other site, car,train, or anything else. You know how people don't like change, even if it's for the better.Car guys are no different, that's why we drive 40+ year old cars.
And if it hadn't been for Marc, we wouldn't be here now.
I hope the site stays close to what you and the rest of us regulars had made it. moparts, for the most part is a pissing match. don't dare let a newbie ask something that has already been asked in the last 30 years. and you can just hear a few heads explode if you misspell something. And take a thread off topic,there's a train site I get on, and the webmaster just about goes balistic!
FBBO is a pretty good place. has a touch of moparts at times, but still better. But this site,'69roadrunner.net/.org.'69Lamancha.net is a one of lifetime thing. we just want it to stay that way.Advertising? well no one likes commercials, but they are a necessary evil. the bills gotta get paid.
Big John,Joey, just bear with us dumb car guys while we adjust. and thanks for all your efforts.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Well as Steve (Roadcuda) stated, I don't take well to change either. I still refuse to own a cell phone
for Christ's sake. Thank God the work I do does not demand one. The reality is that everything changes.
Neighborhoods, society, computer engine management automobiles, etc. The "change" is not always for
the better as far as I'm concerned but, it is reality. For instance, I feel things were better before Al Gore
invented the internet. I say that because I used to have to run to the library to get schematics for the
equipment I was working on. A lot of times you were not allowed to make photocopies of them. That
forces a guy to make the information stick. Unlike doing a google search, then forgetting it the next
day after you have made the repair.
We have to thank Big john for the time he has kept the site going.
After all we were not sending him $20 a month.
I still plan on being a jerk on here and making non politically correct comments. If I get banned well, no
different then being kicked out of a bar for a racist joke. Like I said, times have changed.
Big, I'm sure you have watched the last 2 episodes of Breaking Bad. This is really going to be interesting
how it ends. I have learned not to second guess Vince Gilligan but, it will end "badly".....

Back