• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheels

zupanj

Reaction score
Hey Jerry,

Good to hear from you. I haven't been on the board for a few days. Hope all is well with you. Your 'runner was T3 Bronze as we had the same color cars except my top was black. Things are quiet for me, just got let go after a big pharma takeover and my research center was shut down. I think I will enjoy the freedom but on time will tell. It would be nice to see you on this board again.

Jack

Collin

Reaction score
Sorry to take this thread off track......but where can I find a set of 4 Plymouth Division hubcaps??

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Collin. Someone is repopping them now, and I saw some used ones on e-bay last week. They are around but I don't have any extras.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Collin said:
Sorry to take this thread off track......but where can I find a set of 4 Plymouth Division hubcaps??
Collin, you could try ebay. I found mine there, they weren't perfect, but you have to get real close to see the problems. Or you if you are willing to spend the money, BEA has them for $325! http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx ... &subcat=18

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Colin, I think I have some up in the rafters...but I'm going to be out of town for a few days on business. Give me until the weekend and I'll see what I've got.

Ray

Collin

Reaction score
Thanks Ray I appreciate it!!

I think otherwise the best price that I found was 325 from Herbs Parts and BEA, thanks guys for the info!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Collin said:
Thanks Ray I appreciate it!!

I think otherwise the best price that I found was 325 from Herbs Parts and BEA, thanks guys for the info!

Mine are only $324... :devil:

:jester:
Just kidding - but I do think I have a complete set somewhere in that mess...

Collin

Reaction score
OOhh I got the members special!! Thanks!! :lmao: Thanks for takin a look for me though, I appreciate it...no Rush...car has no K frame now so wheels and hubcaps arent on rush yet. Decided that to save money for now to stick with the drums I have in the front...so I am going to have 4 wheel manual drums (should be interesting) and I already have 2 of the stamped 14" wheels, so only needing 2 more will also cut down on costs. Just funny that the hubcaps cost as much or more than the wheels themselves do. And by funny I mean :leave:

Collin

Reaction score
I brought this up before, but I need to ask again...my car is going to have 400+ HP, 3.91 gears and a 4 spd............goin with the 4 wheel manual drums (I have the parts already, saves time and $)....is this a major safety concern? Some people I talk to say jeeeeze good luck with that!! I dont want to never be able to go fast in my car in fear of not stopping, just want some opinions on if this should be ok, I do have the HD 11" drums...i dont know what difference that makes??. I know some of you guys have all drums and manual as well, but you have said you dont drive the car too hard. Opinions?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Collin said:
I brought this up before, but I need to ask again...my car is going to have 400+ HP, 3.91 gears and a 4 spd............goin with the 4 wheel manual drums (I have the parts already, saves time and $)....is this a major safety concern? Some people I talk to say jeeeeze good luck with that!! I dont want to never be able to go fast in my car in fear of not stopping, just want some opinions on if this should be ok, I do have the HD 11" drums...i dont know what difference that makes??. I know some of you guys have all drums and manual as well, but you have said you dont drive the car too hard. Opinions?
Collin, mine is a few hundred pounds heavier than yours and it stops just fine. Its not like your going to tailgate anyone anyways :beep:

Collin

Reaction score
You have 4 wheel manual drums?? i didnt know that!

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
My manual 11x3" front 11x2.5 rear drums work fine. Those are some meaty drums. Are they better than disc brakes? No. Then again, I don't use this car as daily transportation.

I have been told by a couple chevy guys "drums suck" but they are accustomed to 9" drums on a big block car.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
just relize tht your are driving a 1969 Plymouth that was meant to go fast in a straight line. Not do road course with Ferraris and the like. Have an ounce of common sense about you while driving, and you'll be fine. There are times and places to go fast, and the same for driving sensably.You wanna try out that 400 horses, meet George at the strip. I've been driving a big block 4 speed mopar since '84, all with 4 wheel manual drums, and I've never had any close calls. And an ounce is all the common sense I have....... :crazy:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Collin said:
You have 4 wheel manual drums?? i didnt know that!
Yeh the trackpac cars had 3;54 gears and drums, they are 1/2 wider in the front than yours. If you got a super trackpac you got power front disc and 4;10 gears. Which brings up a question. Were all A12s super trackpac?

Collin

Reaction score
Great info....just once you hear from a ton of guys how bad drums are you worry. My old man felt that the bigger 11" would be fine. And I dont plan on driving like a maniac, just would be nice to flex a little muscle in front of some rice burners....and my car would be eating smoke if I ever met George at the dragstrip!! Thanks for the info guys, I feel a lot more confident about it now. And Since when did the price of a hemi ride DOUBLE in price??? Only Hemi I have been in is an original, unrestored, CT dragway 1970 426 Hemi 'Cuda. That was fun!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
And Since when did the price of a hemi ride DOUBLE in price??? Only Hemi I have been in is an original, unrestored, CT dragway 1970 426 Hemi 'Cuda. That was fun!![/quote]
I have to cover the photo madams trip out now :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and IIRC, the Dodge and Plymouth Prusuits (like on Adam 12) had the big drum brakes.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
And Since when did the price of a hemi ride DOUBLE in price??? Only Hemi I have been in is an original, unrestored, CT dragway 1970 426 Hemi 'Cuda. That was fun!!
I have to cover the photo madams trip out now :lol:[/quote]
:basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
and IIRC, the Dodge and Plymouth Prusuits (like on Adam 12) had the big drum brakes.
Your right, they came with 11.5 front drums and both the front and rear on these brakes are non self adjusting, they didn't want any brake drag to slow them down.

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
And Since when did the price of a hemi ride DOUBLE in price??? Only Hemi I have been in is an original, unrestored, CT dragway 1970 426 Hemi 'Cuda. That was fun!!
I have to cover the photo madams trip out now :lol:[/quote]
:basketcase: Wow! I am glad I got mine in when I did!

Back